My Miami Dolphins new logo concept

weemunk

Here is my attempt at designing a new logo. Basically I took features off of the four previous logos and combined them into a new one.

new_dolphin_logo.pngnew_dolphin_helmet.png

new_dolphin2_logo.png

I used the idea of the Dolphin going half-way through the sunburst from the first logo, the Dolphin design from the second logo, the tail and the "M" on the helmet from the third logo and the helmet from the current logo. I cleaned up the Dolphin and elongated it a bit. I put in the helmet from the current logo and put the different "M" on it. I then swapped the tail to the third logo tail. The sunburst is something I designed from scratch with Excel. I went with the aqua and basic orange coloring and took out the navy and went with a grey facemask for the helmet.

Just me taking a shot at it since everyone else has. If you like it, great. If not, no problem. It's all subjective.

I guess that was what I was going for. The majority of the people on the Dolphins fan sites that I've been too seem to prefer going back to the throwback (1972) logo vs sticking with the current logo or a new modernized update. So based on that, I tried to craft the design to that idea but with a few changes and incoporating the modern looking helmet on the dolphin.

Archived