Quidditch Logos and Uniforms: Utah Quidditch

suplauren

Hi guys,

I was approached a couple weeks ago by the community quidditch team based out of Salt Lake City. They've been a team for a number of years, and they're definitely one of the stalwart teams of the West.

They were/are known as the Crimson Fliers. This is their first logo, and the update they adopted last season:

kYllBHX.png?1n89iriD.png?1

They approached me because they recruited so many people this season that they can have an A and a B team. Their B team is keeping the Crimson Fliers name, while the A team has been dubbed the Crimson Elite. They originally just wanted jerseys and maybe a logo for Crimson Elite, but it eventual evolved into a rebranding effort for the whole program.

Here is what I came up with:

23YywjF.png

AagItlg.png?1

There are currently no set rules or convention about quidditch jerseys, except that you need a number (or letter... or select symbols) on the back (Also those things on the side are the sleeves, I've had a couple questions about that). A trend in the past couple seasons has been to go VERY bold. I wanted to tone these down a bit. Classy was my operative word for the whole program.

The theme for CF was "Tradition" and the theme for CE was "Progress." I can delve more into the background if you guys would like to hear it. These are the official designs, so I won't be making changes, but I'd like to hear constructive criticism, especially on the jerseys.

Thanks!

So, then, are the jerseys like a basketball jersey? I think what was being asked was how exactly the shoulder parts play into the ensemble because they look like they are detached from the main shirt. Just a little clarification about that would be helpful.

Okay! This is the template that is used by one of the major quidditch jersey printers, Row West. Each of the pieces you see are actually the pieces of fabric that are printed and then stitched together. This is a shot from Row West showing what the jerseys generally look like:

quidditchpage2014a.jpg

You can see last season's Crimson Fliers jersey on the right. I also designed the SB one with the shark.

Archived