New Year's 6 College Bowl Series (2/6 Orange Bowl Teaser 1/28/15)

bigmike

I really like the fauxback feel for Boise. The new Mach Speed template lends itself to the Denver Broncos striping, so it's not a stretch at all. Good move getting rid of the asymmetrical helmet as well.

I really like the copper for Arizona, as well as the updated number font. I've never understood their last two number fonts--taking after the basketball team would have been a much better look over the years, IMO.

I'm not liking the different Fiesta themes though. While the confetti works well for Boise and the sun works well for Arizona, the inconsistency is bugging me. Especially since you used the same peach for Ole Miss and TCU. I would pick one of the two and run with it, and maybe make it a little more subtle like with the Peach Bowl teams.

I really like the fauxback feel for Boise. The new Mach Speed template lends itself to the Denver Broncos striping, so it's not a stretch at all. Good move getting rid of the asymmetrical helmet as well.

I really like the copper for Arizona, as well as the updated number font. I've never understood their last two number fonts--taking after the basketball team would have been a much better look over the years, IMO.

I'm not liking the different Fiesta themes though. While the confetti works well for Boise and the sun works well for Arizona, the inconsistency is bugging me. Especially since you used the same peach for Ole Miss and TCU. I would pick one of the two and run with it, and maybe make it a little more subtle like with the Peach Bowl teams.

That is a good point. I think if I had to pick between the two, I'd pick the confetti. For the most part my ideas for the other teams will incorperate the same style though so I probably will go back and use confetti with Arizona since it will work consistency wise. I may not use this for each game however, for example the Orange bowl features two different manufacturers in Nike & Russel, so I think it would be good for each team to have their own look for the game since I couldn't really see Nike & Russel collaborating . I can't use that argument for the Fiesta Bowl though since both teams are Nike, so I do agree that it would make since to use the same idea for both teams.

I had the same thought about the Arizona number font! I actually used their basketball font to create this number set but I decided to keep it italicized which ended up making it look similar to their current font.

I had a hard time picking the right color for the copper helmet. I was happy with the shade I used though, I feel like it matches their current helmet. Keep in mind that I use lighting effects for the helmets as well to give the helmet a more realistic feel.

Orange Bowl shouldn't take me to long to complete, although I do have to work on my Phoenix submission so I'm not sure when exactly I'll get that bowl up. I'd still like to hear some more thoughts on the Fiesta Bowl concept though!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Yeah I'll be finishing the New Years Six games, I just got back to school last week and haven't had as much free time lately, I meant to do the final Phoenix challenge as well and ended up not even having time to do it, hopefully I'll get some school work out of the way and be able to complete the Orange Bowl this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Giving an update on where the series stands right now. Still planning on releasing the others, I have most of the ideas down but not the finished product yet. I have been swamped with school lately so I just haven't had a ton of time to work on it. The next match-up is an Adidas vs. Russell match-up so I'm trying to fit those templates into my presentation layout. I think I brought this up before but I really liked mbannon's suggestion of using the same theme for most of the games like how I used the same peach logo for Ole Miss/TCU as opposed to using different themes for Boise State/Arizona. I'm going to go back and update Arizona at some point and replace the "sun logo" with the confetti. However, since Mississippi State and Georgia Tech use different uniform manufacturers I think it would make since for Adidas and Russell to come up with their own "Orange Bowl" theme so they can show off each individual brand.

In the meantime, here is a teaser for Mississippi State vs. Georgia Tech. I'll also be using the Russell X template created by the Competition Council for my Georgia Tech concept so hopefully I can post by the weekend.

Orange%20Bowl%20Helmets_zpsducf8h1e.png

Archived