Arena League 2015 revision

MJWalker45

• 4 weeks later...

Jacksonville%20Sharks%20helmet%201%20-%2

jacksonville%20sharks%20player%201%20lay

I've also included Jacksonville's home uniform. I went with the idea of taking the Tennessee Titans sleeve stripes and adding them to Jacksonville's look by having the shark bites appear. With so many black and red teams in the league, I included LA, Cleveland and Orlando in this mix, it was necessary to ensure they each stood out from the others.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I have a few questions and comments. Questions first.

1. Does the point of the blade stripe on Gladiators helmet face towards the back of the helmet? I can't tell.

2. Should there be a different shade of red on the Sharks helmet that the uniformed player is wearing? The helmet shade of red is different than the Jersey shade of red.

3. Do you have a uni template with a belt?

Now the comments.

1.The bite marks on the shoulder sleeve of Jacksonville uni aren't working for me. IMO that stripe would be better suited to look similar to what the letters "A & R" are doing in the wordmark. Use Photoshop and lasso the jagged tip of the wordmark then copy and paste it and rotate it 90 degrees. Copy it again then paste, and flip it horizontally. Place the two new layers on each shoulder and you will see the direction that the tapered points should line up on the jersey. I would also give the black sleeve stripe of the home uni a gray stroke(not too thick) I think if the taper is gradual you should be able to fit the shoulder numbers, shark and Nike logos inside the stripe.

2. See how the Detroit Lions Jersey numbers look like the dorsal fin of a shark at the top of the number. IMO a better design choice than the rounded one.

3. If the layers of the helmet template are making the Sharks helmet shade darker than you want it you can select the helmet color layer and play around with the saturation and brightness and contrast until you get it to match the jersey. Send me a PSD of helmet and I can try to fix it if you can't get it to work.

4. Wordmark on Cleveland Jersey gets lost. Go with White on the word Cleveland to make it standout.

5. I Like Gladiators Uni concept especially the Jersey font.

Hope this helps. I have something for you to look at re: We Will Rock you collaborative concept. I'll send you an email.

Coolio. I just picked up a Wacom tablet to help draw out some ideas as well. Thanks for the input. I think your right about placing the bite marks on the sleeves rather than the chest.

The helmet colors were more a case of doing the helmet without looking to have it match the rest of the uniform. That's a quick fit.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 1 month later...

Hi all! Sorry I've let this fall off to the wayside. With work and other projects this fell off. Without further ado, here's the Las Vegas Outlaws. For the logo I cut the arm bones off the logo because it's the Outlaws and not the Pirates. I went with barbed wire on the sleeves to harken back to when most Outlaws were cattle rustlers not just bank robbers. The intent was to make the gold more of a mustard yellow as well in case I decided to go back to the LA Kiss and make the golden dome look part of their look.

las%20vegas%20outlaws%202015%20player%20

las%20vegas%20outlaws%202015%20home%20si

las%20vegas%20outlaws%20Speedflex%20side

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Next was New Orleans Voodoo. I tried to keep this as close to their original look as possible. I decided to move the snakes from the sleeves to the front of the helmet as a different way of presenting a secondary logo. Also, this allowed me to put the numbers on the sleeves, something that rarely happens now. Rather than the stripes on the side of the pants, the snakes are there as well. I thought of this as a way to "hex" the other team by giving the snakes a larger role than they currently have. For the socks I took a page from the Cincinnati Bengals and placed the team name there.

new%20orleans%20voodoo%202015%20player%2

new%20orleans%20voodoo%202015%20player%2

new%20orleans%20voodoo%202015%20home%20s

new%20orleans%20voodoo%20sock_zpspq2bknh

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I like what you have done with the helmet logo and 3 colors for jersey numbers on the Outlaws concept. Shrink the helmet logo a bit more. IMO only 1 strand of barbed wire would make the pants and sleeve designs less busy. You might also consider including the barbed wire in a font style for a wordmark. Maybe a cattle rustlers branding iron as a secondary logo. Just a thought.

For the Voodoo concept keep the intertwined snake idea going on the shoulder stripe. White numbers IMO would help instead of gold on Home Uni. Red facemask maybe? Click here to see if any of these images could spark an idea for a secondary logo. I am thinking the puncturing pins into a red heart could be used for the Letter "V". Just a thought. Let me know what you think.

It's nice to see this concept revisited. I will try to get my NFL Speedflex makeover concept up and going again. I have had to back burner it for awhile. WWRYFL has taken its place for the time being.

Keep at it. It is coming together.

Archived