jaha32

It's been a while since I posted any new concepts here, but I recently got the idea to redesign a logo for one of the universities in my home state of Wisconsin. Other than the Badgers, UW Stevens Point, and UW Platteville, there are plenty of schools in the UW system that could use an update.

I decided to go with the UW-Oshkosh Titans, because I feel their logo with a titan helmet and lightning would make a great identity if executed better. The details that make up their current logo, which I think they've had since around 2004, have always been confusing to me (Is it just me or does that lightning bolt look more like the mane of an animal?) My goal was to mainly focus on the energy within the lightning and redistribute it through the whole helmet area.

I've recreated the logo focusing on the following changes:

1) The lightning bolt now also fills in for the plume above the helmet.

2) Gold, which isn't on most of their teams' jerseys anyway, has been eliminated to simplify the colors,

3) The S in TITANS seems jarring to me since it sharply angles away from the bottom arch, so I changed the lettering.

The only thing I'm not sure about in my redesign concept is if the UWO/lightning bolt on the very bottom below fits with the overall identity or not.

UW-Oshkosh-Titans-Before-After.png.c9995

UW-Oshkosh-Titans-Logo1-Behance.png.7126UW-Oshkosh-Titans-Logo2-Behance.png.68bfUW-Oshkosh-Titans-Logo3-Behance.png.4030UW-Oshkosh-Titans-Logo6-Behance.png.6b7aUW-Oshkosh-Titans-Logo5-Behance.png.d7a3

Archived