inconsistent Branding in colleges

Logojunkie

I attend Old Dominion University and I noticed that around campus and on the website they have multiple crowns, both of which are being used for banners, trashcan logos, website graphics, flyer graphics etc....

At first I thought that it was due to a logo update and it was just a matter of time before they changed things out.

Then I thought that perhaps 1 crown was for Athletics, and the other for Academics.. but that doesn't appear to be the case either.

I will have to get more pictures from the campus to show that they are currently using both types of crowns and it's just lazy.

What other teams/schools are inconsistent with their logos.

Here is a list (not up to date) of the schools past logos.

https://www.odu.edu/about/historyandarchives/logo-archive

14lq55c.png

2h2qr0p.png

vhxkch.png

10zs0vc.jpg

48 minutes ago, dont care said:

i see a bunch of the same crowns in different colors, and then two very tine crowns that might be different but can't tell because they are so small. 

The top two crowns are the 2 styles that they use.

I posted the pics to show that they are using the different styles across academics and athletics.

The small crowns in the list below are the one on the left.

It's clearly an updated logo, but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason behind the use of either.

I can try and get more pictures of the mixed use later this week. In the meantime, finals :/

14lq55c.png2h2qr0p.png

Archived