Baltimore Orioles concept

jonkj

Hey guys...awhile back I unveiled a MLB Uniform Concepts website. There were a number of teams which I hadn't yet done and were "coming soon" -- now it's about a year later, and I'm finally getting around to doing some of them. Below is a Baltimore Orioles concept. I'm planning to post a few other new ones soon, as well as return my previous ones back up on the website.

baltimoreorioles.gif

Copy & Paste link

I really like the idea, but maybe turn the home and away regular jerseys into vests with black sleeves. They look like t-shirts to me right now. I really like the overall design, but those two don't look quite right to me. Also, and it may just be me, but I really like the old orange jersey they wear as throwbacks. Maybe make one of your alternates an orange version. Just a thought.

I would buy that Jersey cause it says "Baltimore" on it. Thats the reason that Angelos would never let it go on the field though.

I agree. Having been born and raised in Baltimore I love it. Maybe with Washington getting a team Pete can finally start catering to the Baltimore fan once again, and not the deep pockets of the DC Metro area.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

I really like the idea, but maybe turn the home and away regular jerseys into vests with black sleeves. They look like t-shirts to me right now. I really like the overall design, but those two don't look quite right to me. Also, and it may just be me, but I really like the old orange jersey they wear as throwbacks. Maybe make one of your alternates an orange version. Just a thought.

What, The Orioles dropped the Baltimore off the road jersey's when the second Senators moved to Texas in the 70's. That was well before Angelos became the owner.

Here is a New York Mets concept. As you can tell, the black has been removed and the orange is emphasized more heavily.

newyorkmets.gif

Copy & Paste link

The only problem I have with this have to do with the batting practice jersey:

1. The NY is massive. It probably should be a little smaller.

2. Isn't the whole points of 99.9% of all the Mets concepts to give them their own identity? IMHO, the batting practice jersey is just a color swap with the Mets logo instead of the Yankees. I get what you were trying to do, I think, I'm just not so sure I'm down with it...

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

The only problem I have with this have to do with the batting practice jersey:

1.  The NY is massive.  It probably should be a little smaller.

2.  Isn't the whole points of 99.9% of all the Mets concepts to give them their own identity?  IMHO, the batting practice jersey is just a color swap with the Mets logo instead of the Yankees.  I get what you were trying to do, I think, I'm just not so sure I'm down with it...

I don't really follow what you're saying. In my opinion, there is nothing Yankees-esque about it. Are the Mets supposed to NOT use an "NY" logo because the Yankees did before them?

Archived