Local football concept

kcingninnam

Hey all - been a while since I was here - but I am doing some work with a local football team here who are looking for a new name and brand.

Long story short - we are now the Waterloo-Wellington Rifles. Picking up on a local connection to light infantry rifle units and the famous Royal Green Jackets formed from Rifles units first seen in the Battle of Waterloo... Hence - I've come up with a logo idea using the Rifles Cap Badge. Very grateful for feedback. Not sure I like the red version.

Rifles brand and logo board.png

Rifles logo options - 3 backgrounds.jpg

The logo is solid, although it looks more like a fire department or some municipal organization to me.  It doesn't scream football.  I realize there is a football shape in the center of the shield, but it doesn't quite pop, I guess.  I'm not sure if you planned to also do uniforms, etc., but an entire athletic identity might be nice to see, just to understand how the logo might work with helmets, pants, and so forth.

I agree about the red seeming out of place.  Like NSL said, perhaps a darker shade?  Or maybe use the red as a key line somewhere.  I really like the four logos on the left and center, but the key line around the R is way too thin, especially at distance.  Maybe a single, thicker line (red?) that uses a different color would help it to stand out more.

I DO like the idea of Green and Red teams, though.  I think people shy away from that color scheme for fear of making things too Christmasy, so good job on that part.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived