South Carolina Stingrays 25th anniversary logo

72freebie

So you guys may already know about the Stingrays contest on Icethetics. Its a really coll contest with an awesome reward. I got my logo done early because I can only work on it for the next couple of days because I am going away. This is my current entry for the 25th anniversary logo contest. Tell me what you think.

RAYS-25TH.png

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

so I've been looking at it and I have made some changes. First I added the wordmark to the top so you can tell what team it is for. also I straightened it back out instead of shearing it. And finally, I added a 1993 and 2018 to the banner to show the years span that they have been in the league. I think that this version is much better personally.

RAYS-25TH.png

6 hours ago, 72freebie said:

so I've been looking at it and I have made some changes. First I added the wordmark to the top so you can tell what team it is for. also I straightened it back out instead of shearing it. And finally, I added a 1993 and 2018 to the banner to show the years span that they have been in the league. I think that this version is much better personally.

RAYS-25TH.png

I would say the logo is way too busy, even for busy anniversary logos. You have put the wordmark logo on top of your mark and it feels forced, even if the wordmark fits to the stingray and its gray stroke in terms of width. In addition to that, the anniversary ribbon protrudes the basic shape of the logo and doesn't really harmonize with the shield and the wordmark. There are just too many different shapes combined in one logo. I would place the wordmark, if you insist to use it, inside your basic logo shape, in this case, the shield.

Another point of criticism is that the team's name is Stingrays, but the ray's sting is covered by text. You might find a way to show the entire ray with his sting and, for example, place the text around it.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Here is an update to the first one. I agree that the wordmark is too much. I've bee looking at other anniversary logos and many don't say the team name. Other than that, I am pretty happy with it and don't want o change much.

RAYS-25TH.png

I have also made a second one because you are allowed two entries in the contest. This one is much simpler and has the ray at the bottom of the shield with a big 25 on top. 

rays-25th-2.png

Archived