Amercian Flag on Football Helmets

Gold Pinstripes

6 hours ago, johnnysama said:

So the NFL has technically been violating the flag code for quite a while now.

This raises one small Q about that part of the flag code: By 'patriotic organizations', they mean....?

I'm guessing boy scouts is included in this. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't find them at all visually offensive and am completely fine with them staying. The MLS example isn't like for like because those were an awful addition to the uniform and I was absolutely thrilled when they removed them. The OP is completely off base however claiming that the writer is somehow wrong about his opinion because he was in NY during 9/11. 

There isn't much national diversity in the NFL but I think it would be really cool if each player had their country of origin on the back of their helmet instead of just the American flag. I would really like to see a few other flags sprinkled in. 

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

I see no problem with the flag on the helmets.  The CFL does it in Canada so what's the big deal?

If politicians and media talking heads are going to wear those lapel pins that, I'll admit, give off an old USSR nationalist vibe, I don't see why an American sports league can't have the flag on their helmets.  The flag is for everyone.

mainescarf.png

Archived