National Soccer League - A Fictional Soccer League - Introduction/Detroit SC kit

PrimalCookie

Hello again, I am back trying to finally complete a series, and this will hopefully be a long one. What if, when all the major leagues (except for baseball) were being created in the late 40s, someone made a soccer league? I have done that, and named it the National Soccer League. In the beginning, there will be 18 teams, with 6 the top division, 6 in the middle, and 6 in the bottom. The league will eventually be expanded to have 60 teams - 20 in each league. In the first season, there will only be one main league, and then the divisions will be separated by standings that year. The teams for the inaugural 1949 NSL will be: (Hidden in spoiler due to size)

Spoiler

Format: Name/Nickname or Commonly Referred As/Primary Colors

AC New York City - Knights - Black/Gold

Detroit SC - Greens - Green/White

Cleveland City SC - Bulldogs - Orange/Red/Navy

Philadelphia United - Barbers - Red/White/Blue

Baltimore Admirals SC - Admirals - Red/White/Blue

Boston United SC - Redcoats - Red/Green

Bayern Milwaukee SC - Bavarians - Red/White/Blue

Richmond Royals SC - Royals - Purple/Yellow

AC Pittsburgh - Steamers - Black/Yellow

Chicago City SC - Leprechauns - Green/Yellow

Washington DC. SC - Eagles - Red/White/Blue

Minnesota Wolves - Wolves - Blue/Black

Buffalo City SC - Bison - Navy/Light Blue

SC St Louis - Saints - Orange/Blue

Indianapolis Racers SC - Racers - Black/White

AC Hartford - Sailors - Navy/Green

Kentucky AC - Equestrians - Brown/Red

Charleston (WV) SC - Miners - Black/Grey

With that here is the first team!

DETROIT SOCCER CLUB

Home

dsc 1949 home.jpg

Clash

dsc 1949 away.jpg

All in all a very simplistic set, but this is the 1940s. The team is known as "the greens" because of their signature all-green primary look, with green from head to toe. I made the crest a simple DSC interlock in a shield. The clash kit is all white with green socks and green sleeves. I've tried to give this team a very Chelsea-like feel to it, and with that I think I succeeded. Most teams will not have regular team colors for clash, similar to European soccer, but in Detroit's case I had to go with an inverse of the home. Anyway, C&C is greatly appreciated!

ExJworW.png

Archived