First Soccer Uniform Concepts (C&C Please!!!)

Bulldog22

Hi everyone,

I'm currently a junior in high school and an aspiring graphic designer with a sports obsession.  I've been following the concepts on this site for years but never posted/created my own sports designs.  Recently I've created some rough concept jerseys for some youth premier soccer clubs in my area.  For the jerseys for some unexplainable reason I decided to work from a screen shot of a template that @raysox posted a while ago.  Also the brand I used for the jerseys is a small but growing company based in my area called Un1tus which has full-dye sublimation capabilities and is used my many clubs near me.  Truly my goal for these jerseys is to send them to the teams, and if they want to use my designs I will then include the jerseys in my portfolio when applying to college.  However before I sent them out I wanted some professional C&C. 

So lots of C&C please!!!

Everest_Jerseys_zpsero2ggha.jpg

Everest_Jerseys2_zps4si9gs5n.jpg

CSA_Jerseys_zpsf0uwmanx.jpg

CSA_Jerseys2_zpsr3wvguys.jpg

Liberty_Jerseys_zpsjlmkcct7.jpg

Liberty_Jerseys2_zpspe0gyryu.jpg

CFC_Jerseys_zpsbi0ib1b2.jpg

CFC_Jerseys2_zpszzf65k6f.jpg

3 hours ago, Bulldog22 said:

So lots of C&C please!!!

Great concepts lad!! :)

I wish you all the best of luck with your plan and hope one of the teams adopts a design of yours. In any case, also keep your drafts as your references. Even if they don't turn into reality, it's your creative process that counts. 

I'll give you quick thoughts on each concept below:

Everest_Jerseys_zpsero2ggha.jpg

You start off with two gorgeous designs. Both are simple yet strikingly distinctive. I like how the first one evokes the ascent  to a mountain range, which ties in nicely with the team name. The "crested" kit is a beautiful reflection of the team's logo. A few issues I would see is that you are a bit inconsistent with the front numbers - either you use them or you don't. Also, these could never work as primary and secondary combo, because they both use too much of the same colors. A secondary uniform for this team should be something they can wear even if the opponent wears green. I would suggest you keep the "crested"  kit as primary and recolor the "twin peaks" kit to other colors.

Everest_Jerseys2_zps4si9gs5n.jpg

This makes me scream: YOU ARE TOO YOUNG  TO REMINISCE  ABOUT THE 80'S!! ;) Kidding aside, if you want to go for neon patterns and fadings, you might want to go a bit more subtle about it, e.g. with thinner lines and color blocks, so you get a popping detailing rather that overly dominating the whole design.

CSA_Jerseys_zpsf0uwmanx.jpg

CSA_Jerseys2_zpsr3wvguys.jpg

Out of these I like the "landline" and "216 takeover" kits the most. At the "landline" kit I really like how the neon stars pop up in the back, but I could actually do without the skyline on the front. That's already in the logo anyway and on top of the sponsor logo it just fights for attention. At the "216 takeover" you solved this much more elegantly by making it part of the sleeve hem. On the shorts I would give the skyline the same "hem treatment", so it looks more consistent and subtle.

Liberty_Jerseys_zpsjlmkcct7.jpg

Liberty_Jerseys2_zpspe0gyryu.jpg

The "tribajo" and "half-stripe" are my favourites here. I like how they maintain harmony despite being quite complex. However, because they are so complex, you need to watch out where you put your numbers. Either you drop them from both sets or I suggest to insert a small number into the V shape on the "tribajo" kit and put the number under the crest on the "half-stripe" kit.

CFC_Jerseys_zpsbi0ib1b2.jpg

CFC_Jerseys2_zpszzf65k6f.jpg

I like the "crossed" and "wavy" kits the most here, but they also remind me too much of Sweden and Barça's "Catalan Flag Kit" from a few seasons ago. I would suggest you try something that does not just attempt to mirror the logo here. The colors are nice enough, so no need for the black. I'm looking forward for what else you can make out of these colors. Actually the hems from the "fringed" kit are a nice touch, I would definitely use that element again. :)

Archived