Will's Trivia Question 8/5

WJMorris3

Alright. For each World Series team in history, I want you to count up how many 20 game winners they had, how many players knocked in 100 runs, and how many players hit .300. What team has the lowest total? I'm looking for year and team.

LvZYtbZ.png

1991 Minnesota Twins ?

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

1991 Minnesota Twins ?

I doubt it. That was a pretty good team. They had the AL's best record.

I think they only had 1 20 game winner, but I bet they had a few .300 hitters and a couple 100 RBI guys.

It could, however be the 1987 Twins. Another guess would be the 1997 Marlins.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I just looked up the two twins teams and the 1987 team had one .300 hitter and 1 100 RBI guy with zero 20 game winners.

The 1991 team had 4 .300 hitters a 20 game winner and (to my suprise) zero 100 RBI guys.

Anyway, I bet it was 1987 Twins, the only World Series winner to be outscored by their opponents in the regular season.

The 1997 Marlins had no 20 game winners, 1 100 RBI guy and no .300 hitters (save for Gregg Zaun who hit .301 in 143 AB--is that enough?)

http://www.baseball-reference.com/

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I take it there IS a team that had ZERO?

Also, you should qauntify how many AB's are necessary for .300.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

There are a bunch of teams that had only 1 player hit those marks but i have yet to find any team that had zero players.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Commissioner of

Now I got it! :notworthy:

1973 Mets

Highest RBI Guy:

Rusty Staub (76)

Highest Average:

Felix Millan (.290)

Most WIns:

Seaver (19)

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Commissioner of

Very good, ROC!

Okay, folks, just a reminder, don't read anything extra into the question that is not there. I said "World Series teams" which seemingly implied they won the World Series, but in actuality it covers anyone who played in the Fall Classic.

LvZYtbZ.png

Archived