Improving Logo Quality

Firplius

As a paint.net user, I use two tricks to improve quality, the first is pretty simple, just start off by using a large canvas, anything larger than 1500 pixels should do. The second is to turn on antialiasing, which is the blue line thingy in the top right corner. Also, take your time with your logos. Patience is a key to designing great logos. Not trying to sound rude here, but I have no idea what the logo in supposed to be right now, and the gray looks out of place. What is the logo supposed to be?

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

Honestly, I'd transition into Inkscape (it's totally free and widely used).  Forget this paint.net crap and be better for it.

As far as your design goes, you've got to crawl before you can walk, and right now it looks like you're trying to slap NASCAR stickers on yourself while slithering at inches-per-second across Daytona.  

Here's 3 .pdf files that should hopefully give you at least a modest overview of understanding what good design is, how famous designs are successful, and what to strive for thematically to accomplish something you can be at least somewhat proud of:

1 - principles of graphic design

2 - logo design project (ignore the aspects of the project, but the advice is sound)

3 - 10 principles of logo design

Again, none of these are necessarily design/logo canon or "According to Hoyle."  Pump the brakes on vomiting concepts for a bit, and focus instead on honing a good, strong starting point.  Start off in pencil and paper (or a tablet, etc - any simple as pie program or medium that you're comfortable in), and I encourage you - and this goes for any designer or artist - work on an idea for awhile, and then start completely over.  Do this 4-10 times until you've got a nice splattering of designs, then put them all next to each other and not only will you see your progression as a designer from one to the next, but you'll likely find that old ideas you once coveted actually made some designs weaker.  

Anyway, that's just some general advice.  Don't bother trying to put too much more lipstick on the pig that is your current design (no offense - we all start somewhere!).  If design is something you really have a passion for, keep designing by all means; I simply feel you should arm yourself with knowledge before investing more time incrementally educating yourself in a bad piece of software.

Learn to vector.  Learn to love it.  Don't be like me - I'm a photoshop slave.  Good luck to you.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived