Texas Tech Concept

mth_05

Alright, I think the Red Raiders could go for an identity refresh/upgrade. Their recent uniforms were an upgrade in my opinion from the previous UnderArmour looks that we have rolled out but still left something to be desired and IMO have aged greatly. The pants have been tweaked slightly to remove the "Guns Up" text and the stripes are modified a little as well. The jerseys now feature contrasting TV numbers on the shoulder tops (inspired by the Ohio State national championship unis), and a sublimated pattern on the sleeve caps. This pattern is an homage to those found on the shoulders of the suits that Spanish Matadors wore (this is what the school's original mascot was, and elements can still be found on the masked rider mascot). I also think the "Double T" logo looks better flat - but our stadium upgrade included a beveled logo on the scoreboard that was solid red which is a nice combination of simple and modern over the current look. So enough of all that, here are the goods. C&C welcome. I've put together some different combinations the team could wear, as well as a throwback set. 

01_LOGO-sm.thumb.png.d2c7cc4424e51654359ce5db0cc286e4.png

Home & Road

02_HOME-AWAY-sm.thumb.png.9439f29f622ee75562eaa614e783ce0c.png

Color Rush

5985276959d4c_03_COLORRUSH-sm.thumb.png.4a41597ae5de6cadc6b14e2a7599cac0.png

Home Alts (white helmet)

5985278db6588_04_HOMEALTWHITES-sm.thumb.png.f22ec7b8749027b8218749dffd0ebaf9.png

Red Alts (red helmet)

598527ac581c2_05_ALTREDS-sm.thumb.png.3c132500f8adbc17f3812a3007650b5b.png

Throwback

06_THROWBACKS-sm.thumb.png.3dd500c53512116056e9b5541f8eb513.png

Like it, don't love it, the uniforms are fine but I think the tt logo needs more black. It also bugs me that you used a brand new logo and put a older one that needs a refresh on top of it. Good start

Excellent!

1 hour ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Like it, don't love it, the uniforms are fine but I think the tt logo needs more black. It also bugs me that you used a brand new logo and put a older one that needs a refresh on top of it. Good start

Thanks for the feedback, the masked rider logo is one that was modernized in the "Updating Vintage Logos" thread, so while I get your point it is slightly updated and not just an old logo pasted on top. I feel like I was clearly trying to go with a more retro vibe with the logos, so that's why I've reintroduced a classic Tech logo. I think with both of my alternate logos I was trying to incorporate more black like you said but maybe there's a better way to do that with the primary as well. 

Primary is nice, but could be better. Maybe adding some black or gray. Both alternate logos are clean and not too busy, although im not a huge fan of having the primary behind the alternate. 

The home and road might be the best pair. The white out uni is great, and the black helmet looks nice on the red uni. I like both color rush unis. Not a huge fan of the throwbacks.

It would have been really

nice to see a gray alt, or maybe just a gray helmet. All just suggestions, nice job overall. 

Archived