Texas Rangers Uniform Redesign // Inkscape

Dallas

As a Ranger fan, the current logo and uniform set leaves a lot to be desired. "Rangers" is nowhere to be found on any of the uniforms, the "TEXAS" lettering isn't unique and resembles the font used by the Angels, the primary T logo on our hats doesn't even match the T on the jersey...and on and on. These are obviously just my own opinions, so I wanted to create something to look at to put my mind at ease. (First time concept creator here)

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• First change was the shade of red and blue. I wanted to match the exact shades from the Texas flag.
  • The star in the circle will probably bring some "too much like the Astros" criticism, but I think Texas needs to claim this symbol. It is, after all, what the actual Texas Ranger law enforcement badge looks like...
  • I took a lot of inspiration from the 1972 original logo (below). I never liked the "Rangers" lettering from it (thought the lowercase made it look too cartoony), but I did like the "TEXAS" font used. As a team representing the entire state, this font just screams Texas, and I think using something a little more generic (like our current uni's) is a missed opportunity.
  • I also took the idea of the drop shadow from this logo. The vast majority of teams just use a simple outline, but the drop shadow is unique.
  • The sleeve hat-on-baseball logo is obviously a colorized version of the below. Another unique bit of imagery I wanted to bring back...in the inaugural game, the team wore Stetsons on the field during the anthem for God's sake.

spacer.png

• Lastly, for the alternate I wanted to recreate the 1957 version of the Texas Ranger badge (below). By all accounts the actual Rangers didn't like the design of the badge, but visually it's great.

spacer.png

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

These really aren't what I'd be looking for for a real-world update for them, but nevertheless they would be very popular in the real world as throwbacks. Like ... I could definitely see the Rangers looking like this in the past. These weirdly hit a mark for me, just maybe not the one you were shooting for. 

Archived