Need help to understand how to create a pattern on Illustrator

Sidney

Hi guys, 

I'm working on a rebranding project, I've done like 90% of my project but I can't finish because I got this lil thing that for some reason I can't manage to do. I'm supposed to create a zig zag  pattern to make a stitch effect. But I've been doing many tutorials, I respect everything but I can't get the same results. Here are the image of what they got and what I get. Can someone explain to me what I've been missing or what mistake I've been doing. Thanks guys 

This is a screen shot of the tutorial,when they're creating the pattern they got 2 boxes 

3k6Jgjo.png

And here is what I get everytime. 

pSablFN.png

hNa1bgX.png

I tried to recreate your problem and I can't get it to look like yours. Mine looks like the tutorial. 

The best way to do this, I think, is to select a regular path and then go into effect-distort & transform-zig zag and then play with the settings until you get it how you'd like it. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

5 hours ago, McCarthy said:

I tried to recreate your problem and I can't get it to look like yours. Mine looks like the tutorial. 

The best way to do this, I think, is to select a regular path and then go into effect-distort & transform-zig zag and then play with the settings until you get it how you'd like it. 

Maybe it's because of my Adobe version?

hNa1bgX.png

Archived