Dallas Mavericks rebrand concept

Toofy

I like the colors and the design ideas, with the star to cap off the side panels. But I think the concept needs more subtlety. For example, I think those stars might be too big and are therefore distracting when so close with the wordmark and number. There's so much going on around the chest area with those stars being that size and in that place. I also think the second court has potential, but I think the horse's mane can be a focus somehow to give the court character without repeating the horse's head five times on the court. Possibly zoom in further on details of the horse's mane, use those on the court in a clear nod to the logo itself, but with subtlety that doesn't feel over the top and repetitive.

Keep working on it! It has potential.

7 hours ago, Hawkeye15 said:

I like the colors and the design ideas, with the star to cap off the side panels. But I think the concept needs more subtlety. For example, I think those stars might be too big and are therefore distracting when so close with the wordmark and number. There's so much going on around the chest area with those stars being that size and in that place. I also think the second court has potential, but I think the horse's mane can be a focus somehow to give the court character without repeating the horse's head five times on the court. Possibly zoom in further on details of the horse's mane, use those on the court in a clear nod to the logo itself, but with subtlety that doesn't feel over the top and repetitive.

Keep working on it! It has potential.

...I mean, they’re from Dallas, Texas. 

Archived