MLB New Look (Pirates Done)

drewbothwell

On 4/17/2020 at 4:45 PM, drewbothwell said:

Up next we have the Pirates. I remember seeing this hat in a store and falling in love with the logo. The colors, not so much. That is why I reintroduced it with updated colors. At the beginning of the Pirates redesign, I actually considered bringing back the red that they wore as alternates in the 90's and early 2000's. I tried it out and couldn't really make it work. That being said this set has a lot of 90's inspiration. Here is Pittsburgh!

Home

All I did here was reverse the colors on the text and numbers and add the new logo as a sleeve patch.

spacer.png

Road

Same changes as the home, but brought back the "Pittsburgh" arched font. As much as I love the script, I wanted to keep some consistency with the home. I also brought back the grey hat that was worn 1997-2000, but reversed the colors to match the jersey. In my mind this hat would not be worn every game they wore the greys, but it is just another option.

spacer.png

Home Alternate

Like I said before, I love the "Pittsburgh" script, so I had to put it in somewhere right? Well here it is! Both the home and road alternates are based off the new road alternates that the Pirates revealed for this year, but they have a few minor updates. This is basically a yellow version of it. Also gave this uniform 2 hat options just because I couldn't decide which one I liked better. Also the sleeve patch is the logo the is on the hat of the pirate logo.

spacer.png

Road Alternate

Basically this uniform with my own twist on it.

spacer.png

90's Throwback Alternate?

Honestly I have no clue what to call this one haha. Like I said in the Pirates introduction, I thought about using red full time, but decided against it. Instead I just made an alternate using it. Just a little change of pace for Pittsburgh.

spacer.png

Spring Training Home

A pretty simple, but bright uniform here.

spacer.png

Spring Training Road

Another simple uniform. I have to say, this is probably my favorite hat in this series so far!

spacer.png

Thanks for viewing! Marlins will be up as soon as tonight!

Man, all three on this page are KILLER! I have a soft spot for the Bucs, being from Pittsburgh, and I LOVE these unis. And the PA outline with the skull and bones is sweet! But the Giants and Twins are killer, too!

N3d5IIl.png

Archived