Many sport logos : Anaheim Angels script which one works the best?

Sidney

• Sidney changed the title to Many sport logos : Calgary Hitmen, Charleston Alley Cats & Los Angeles Angels jersey font C&C
  • Sidney changed the title to Many sport logos : Calgary Hitmen, Charleston Alley Cats & Los Angeles Angels all jersey font C&C

Here is the Home jersey

First of all, Tried to create this template so we can focus on the overall design. So you got the essentials here.

I'd day that the uni il pretty classic, and stick to what is already there. 

Also the big changement is on the hat. I think of different versions. one plain and this one with the halo. The version with the halo has already been used from 1961-1965 

9VHqXjw.jpeg

• Like 2

• Sidney changed the title to Many sport logos : Calgary Hitmen, Charleston Alley Cats & Los Angeles Angels home jersey C&C

Pretty fun template, I am wary of the halo on the hat though- I'd try it a little higher up like it was in the real life 61-65 version. I may just be old/boring but I wear a lot of caps and I don't like when they're too busy (like the Expos tricolore), they don't seem to look good on actual people.

• Like 1

• Sidney changed the title to Many sport logos : Calgary Hitmen, Charleston Alley Cats & Los Angeles Angels home jersey (2 options) C&C
  • 3 months later...

Hi, since my World cup logo concept became viral, I've decided to get back at it and improve it. Watching it now I'm not really satisfied by the result. So here is my revision. It's only the sketch step.

The version I came with is the bottom version: The grey lines are only a guide to see the shape I'd finish with.

oX2sYc7.png

• Sidney changed the title to Many sport logos : 2026 World cup logo concept
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Sidney changed the title to Many sport logos : Visit & CC my website
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I was about to post my Nordiques concept on my website and I went for few modification.

-Second logo
- Tried to give the number a more unique style echoing the fortifications. 

NmoPRU1.jpeg

• Like 2

• Sidney changed the title to Many sport logos : Visit my website + Quebec Nordique my concept modifications
  • 5 weeks later...

After a break on my concepts to focus on my website I'm back. 

So I was wondering why not try to incorporate colors from some of their past brand. 

-The green from 1961-1964, Wanted to make it more "punchy"
-The powder blue from 1997-2001, made it lavander to make a better contrast overall. 

Here are the two versions I've came up with. 

ZYRQ4ov.jpeg

• Sidney changed the title to Many sport logos : Anaheim Angels concept
13 hours ago, Sidney said:

After a break on my concepts to focus on my website I'm back. 

So I was wondering why not try to incorporate colors from some of their past brand. 

-The green from 1961-1964, Wanted to make it more "punchy"
-The powder blue from 1997-2001, made it lavander to make a better contrast overall. 

Here are the two versions I've came up with. 

ZYRQ4ov.jpeg

The team didn't use powder blue during 1997-2001, they used a shade of light blue Disney called Periwinkle. I would leave the green alone, as it never appeared on the teams uniforms and gold or silver works far better for the outline and halo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

The team didn't use powder blue during 1997-2001, they used a shade of light blue Disney called Periwinkle. I would leave the green alone, as it never appeared on the teams uniforms and gold or silver works far better for the outline and halo.

It's right didn't know the name of that color. Indeed it never appeared on the jersey. I'll keep playing around with colors, I want to do something vibrant and different.

Here is an other version, les punchy IMO but I think it's not bad.

The outline is a pale shade of the golden used during 1997-2001 Alternate logo. As you can see, I think it's standing out on the different backgrounds colors.

The halo: On both version it's white with the under shadhow matching the outline.

- Option 1:  Kept the blue from the 1997-2001 Alternate logo.

-Option 2:  Brighter red, what would you think if on this version, The only red part of the uniforms is the font?

C&C are welcome!

The halo without any effects so you guys can see the tones.

z90Nhoa.jpeg

aAEzEga.jpeg

I'd go with the Perwinkle, and go all in with that and navy.

I would also look at the 1994 renovation of Tomorrowland for Disneyland. Disney definately took some inspiration when they rebranded the Angels in 1997, but didn't go full on with that aesthetic. It would be cool to see an Angels concept that did.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

I'd go with the Perwinkle, and go all in with that and navy.

I would also look at the 1994 renovation of Tomorrowland for Disneyland. Disney definately took some inspiration when they rebranded the Angels in 1997, but didn't go full on with that aesthetic. It would be cool to see an Angels concept that did.

So no red at all on uni right?

Could definitlely be interesting! 

5 hours ago, Sidney said:

So no red at all on uni right?

Could definitlely be interesting! 

They used the colour in the script and the numbers, but red took a backseat to navy and periwinkle in the 1997-01 Angels palette.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VampyrRabbit said:

They used the colour in the script and the numbers, but red took a backseat to navy and periwinkle in the 1997-01 Angels palette.

That's what I wanted to do, only keep red on fonts.I'll now rework my number font a bit.

Here is some different version to see how it would potentially work. 

- I'll have a script at some point.
- I feel like the golden with white outline  on the two tones blue is working prety good. 

b7eat3y.jpeg

BQMSN5Q.jpeg

Here are the first look of colors combos etc.

I'm not sure which version is better, Straight script or oblique version.
-With the oblique version the "A" will also be oblique. but the logo on the cap will be normal.

Left is the hat color, and the rest is jersey front and back.

HOME

6feTqrv.jpeg

ieo9p3L.jpeg

AWAY

4bu7pEU.jpeg

ERyb0lH.jpeg

ALTERNATE

mahkG6G.jpeg

• Like 2

• Sidney changed the title to Many sport logos : Anaheim Angels script which one works the best?