NHL Reverse Retro Whiteout/Blackout 32/32 Capitals

johne9109

Montreal Canadiens

Blackout

spacer.png

For the Canadiens I wanted to go deep into their history to get some of the unique looks they've had over the years. For the black out I used their 1915 uniform as the basis

Whiteout

spacer.png

For the whiteout I took inspiration from their 2016 Winter Classic uniform which itself takes inspiration from their early 1920's uniforms

ZUH86xc.png

Nashville Predators

Blackout

spacer.png

The Preds are one of the teams that have had quite a few different looks in a short amount of time. For the blackout I went with their look from the late 2000's. I put the blue in the place of the white and made black the main color

Whiteout

spacer.png

The whiteout is based off the Predators alternate from around the same time. 

ZUH86xc.png

New Jersey Devils

Blackout

spacer.png

The Devils really haven't done a lot to their uniforms over the years, but making a black uniform like these looks really nice. I don't know how they haven't done a black jersey yet

Whiteout

spacer.png

For the whiteout I went back to their original colors of red and green. I think using the green worked well for the Reverse Retro and I can definitely see New Jersey going back to that look for alternates and retro uniforms in the future

ZUH86xc.png

New York Islanders

Blackout

spacer.png

One of them had to be the fisherman design right? I decided to use the normal Islanders logo and not the Fisherman logo because I think this is an actual unique design, but the logo is what will always kill them using it. 

Whiteout

spacer.png

The whiteout takes their alternate and gives it the white treatment

ZUH86xc.png

New York Rangers

Blackout

spacer.png

It's the Lady Liberty uniform because of course it is

Whiteout

spacer.png

For the whiteout I took one of my personal favorite Rangers uniforms and probably one of the least liked in their history. I have always liked the shield logo so I wanted to make sure I got a uniform that used it

ZUH86xc.png

Ottawa Senators

Blackout

spacer.png

For the blackout I took the teams first alternate from the late '90s and swapped red out to be the secondary color. I never liked the original but I think it loos decent as a black set

Whiteout

spacer.png

For the whiteout i pretty much just removed black from their original/current set. I also added some gold highlights which I wish they would do a bit more

ZUH86xc.png

Philadelphia Flyers

Blackout

spacer.png

The blackout is a reverse of the Flyers 2019 stadium series which comes together to make a nice unique uniform

Whiteout

spacer.png

The whiteout also pulls from the Flyers stadium series uniforms; this time the 2017 stadium series

ZUH86xc.png

Pittsburg Penguins

Blackout

spacer.png

I'm just gonna say that I love'd Robo Penguin so I had to go with this uniform for the blackout

Whiteout

spacer.png

The whiteout takes the Penguins uniforms from the 1970's and makes the dark blue the predominant blue over the light blue. I also had to use the Winter Classic logo because the scarf on the penguin is great

ZUH86xc.png

San Jose Sharks

Blackout

spacer.png

The blackout takes their 2015 stadium series and strips the white from it. I like that with this compared to their stealth uniform, which I love, is that teal is a heavily featured color

Whiteout

spacer.png

For the whiteout I thought it'd be interesting to take said stealth uniform and see it in white

ZUH86xc.png

Seattle Kraken

I can't see Seattle doing these but they really wouldn't have a lot of options and the Metropolitans didn't work as a blackout or whiteout, but here they are they Kraken's uniforms as blackout and whiteout

Blackout

spacer.png

Whiteout

spacer.png

ZUH86xc.png

Toronto Maple Leafs

Blackout

spacer.png

The teams uniform from the late '60's get's the blackout treatment here creating a unique look for the team

Whiteout

spacer.png

I went with the St. Pats design from the late 1920's as it was originally a mainly green uniform. It works well as a whiteout

ZUH86xc.png

Vancouver Canucks

Blackout

spacer.png

First for the blackout I take the Canucks original uniform and give it the black treatment

Whiteout

spacer.png

The whiteout takes the famous/infamous skate uniform and gives it the current team colors as well as the whiteout treatment

ZUH86xc.png

Vegas Golden Knights

Blackout

spacer.png

For the blackout I took the current reverse retro and made it a black uniform. My only problem with it is that it kind looks like an old Canucks jersey with the red and gold next to each other

Whiteout

spacer.png

The whiteout is the regular uniforms but with the black and majority of grey removed. Unfortunately VGK just doesn't have a lot of options to go with

ZUH86xc.png

Washington Capitals

spacer.png

The blackout for the Caps is their 2015 Winter Classic. I took the blue and red of the original and alternated them for the striping and stars

Whiteout

spacer.png

This one is personal favorite. I took the black uniform from the late 90's/early 00's and not only gave it the white treatment, but also the current team colors. I think this came out great

ZUH86xc.png

Archived