Bally Sports Scorebug

ProfessorBigShots

I'm sure most of us know this already, but a few days ago the regional Fox Sports affiliates rebranded to Bally Sports. With this, they also changed all of the graphics on their broadcasts. A lot of people have been complaining about the scorebug they are using, which takes up a lot of the bottom of the screen. This scorebug sucks, so I went and fixed it. 

ai5OHS8.png

The ugly ass ticker is gone, and the pitch speed doesn't cover the count. I also threw in the Bally logo which doesn't need to be there because those bastards have slapped their logo and promoted it on every broadcast ive seen since theyve taken over.

Edit: Got so roped in with the details I forgot to add the damn score! Fixed now.

I think it's a good start. The large logos work well. The overall shape I like as well. Here come the nitpicks:

• The red font on the blue background is probably not gonna work. Slap your scorebug on a screenshot of a game so we can get a feel for what it will look like on a TV screen (smaller application). I think you can just leave the text white, and the outlines around the boxes give you enough of that secondary color.
  • What happens when the score reaches 10?
  • Italicized font may work, but I don't think this one is it. Particularly with the dashes through the zeroes.
  • Your bases are not spaced well. There's less space between 1st and 2nd than between 2nd and 3rd.

Archived