Canada Robbed

Breakwood

I don't know if anyone here watched the Canada-Honduras match tonight and saw possibly the worst officiating in a single match. Canada was winning going into the 88th Minute when a back pass by Ante Jazic intended for keeper Pat Onstad was intercepeted by a Honduras player, he went into the area where Canadian defender Mark Watson cleanly took the ball from him. The Honduran player dove and the referee gave Honduras a penalty when there was clearly minimal to no contact between Watson and the Honduran player. As expected Amando Guevera scored the penalty. The match was level at 1-1 but that wasn't it. In added time Canadian striker Olivier Ocean got the ball in the area and scored, but the goal was called back because a Honduran defender tripped then decided to fake an injury. The "injured" player was down for less then a second but the referee still blew the play dead. The match ended at 1-1.

Im just really angry at the Concacaf officiating.

1zqy8ok.gif

Wow as I read this I have the TV on & am listening to the news--so I bring this up--start reading, and the sportscaser is talking about the same thing--weird--

Yeah looks liked we got the short end...

:flagcanada:

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I don't know if anyone here watched the Canada-Honduras match tonight and saw possibly the worst officiating in a single match.  Canada was winning going into the 88th Minute when a back pass by Ante Jazic intended for keeper Pat Onstad was intercepeted by a Honduras player, he went into the area where Canadian defender Mark Watson cleanly took the ball from him.  The Honduran player dove and the referee gave Honduras a penalty when there was clearly minimal to no contact between Watson and the Honduran player.  As expected Amando Guevera scored the penalty.  The match was level at 1-1 but that wasn't it.  In added time Canadian striker Olivier Ocean got the ball in the area and scored, but the goal was called back because a Honduran defender tripped then decided to fake an injury.  The "injured" player was down for less then a second but the referee still blew the play dead.  The match ended at 1-1.

Here's a website that you might be interested in.

http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum/default.asp

I don't know if anyone here watched the Canada-Honduras match tonight and saw possibly the worst officiating in a single match. Canada was winning going into the 88th Minute when a back pass by Ante Jazic intended for keeper Pat Onstad was intercepeted by a Honduras player, he went into the area where Canadian defender Mark Watson cleanly took the ball from him. The Honduran player dove and the referee gave Honduras a penalty when there was clearly minimal to no contact between Watson and the Honduran player. As expected Amando Guevera scored the penalty. The match was level at 1-1 but that wasn't it. In added time Canadian striker Olivier Ocean got the ball in the area and scored, but the goal was called back because a Honduran defender tripped then decided to fake an injury. The "injured" player was down for less then a second but the referee still blew the play dead. The match ended at 1-1.

Here's a website that you might be interested in.

http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum/default.asp

yes I know this site, I look around once in a while.

1zqy8ok.gif

Archived