Rhode Island Riptide USL Club Logo Concept

XenonDesigns

This concept is for the upcoming Rhode Island USL team which is yet to be named. I worked with some fans of the team to find the name "Riptide" which I think works nicely. The logo was really well received by fans but I still wanted to post it here and get some critique from fellow designers. My thinking for the logo was primarily based around the wavey "R." I also threw in some nautical symbols with the lighthouse and anchor. Color scheme is inspired by Rhode Island's coat of arms. The mockups below are from a free pack.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for viewing! C&C appreciated.

• Like 4

sigsgsg.png.dd2c63fee3388b4132af271cae3c34b5.png

great start but personally i dislike the name riptide. I love the colors and the nautical elements. One slight change i would suggest is to tweak the I because it looks too much like a J for me. also maybe include a P for Pawtucket and maybe some more local elements to represent the city and state

• Like 2

5 hours ago, XenonDesigns said:

This concept is for the upcoming Rhode Island USL team which is yet to be named. I worked with some fans of the team to find the name "Riptide" which I think works nicely. The logo was really well received by fans but I still wanted to post it here and get some critique from fellow designers. My thinking for the logo was primarily based around the wavey "R." I also threw in some nautical symbols with the lighthouse and anchor. Color scheme is inspired by Rhode Island's coat of arms. The mockups below are from a free pack.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for viewing! C&C appreciated.

This feels very Rhode Island I like it a lot. I will agree with the Riptide name not being the strongest, but it's not the worst. I also don't know what else to call it though

ZUH86xc.png

Rhode Island Riptide sounds good, and fits the nautical theme and also the history of Rhode Island pretty well.

I would just stick with the emblem on the flag, maybe make the 2023 script a little bit bigger. Overall, this looks pretty good.