Winnipeg Jets concept

B-mer

@StevenGrant94 recently posted his concept for “What If… The Jets never left” and I think he hit it out of the park (rink) with his final era for them. It sent me down a rabbit hole though and with his permission I wanted to try out his uniform but with modern Jets logos, to either serve as a rebrand for them or if in his what if world the Jets ended up getting to these logos themselves. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

I didn’t change StevenGrant94’s jerseys, and applied the same principles with my changes. Single color numbers/letters for that vintage feel but paired with a modern font. The script logos also follow suit with the single color appearance. 

I tried a couple treatments/options for the main logo but saw this in a google search from someone on Reddit. I like pairing the leaf with the wordmark to give it a little pop, and sense the wordmark has a jet in it, it just seems to work. However, I’m getting major Labatt vibes from it which I can’t unsee. I also originally tried the current shoulder logo with the wings but wanted to have an actual jet somewhere. Plus keeping the RCAF nod.  I am curious to here ideas or preferences for these. 

Also, one of the main reasons for this was I wanted to create it for NHL04 Rebuilt, and here’s a preview of that (albeit with a different version of the number 4 before I edited it to what you see above):

spacer.png

• Like 6

21 hours ago, StevenGrant94 said:

That wordmark logo looks really good without the outline! I also like the aviator blue set, especially the third jersey.

Thanks. I like it as well, but think the red set fits the call-back elements of the uniform much better.