NFL Redesign by Jonny Rockford

CaptainBuzKill

Hey gang! Been hard at work this summer working on NFL uniform concepts. I'd just like to share them with you all, planning on division-by-division.

Tried to do every team justice for the Homes and Aways by not venturing too far from what they normally wear, but I did travel off the beaten path for a few.

The 3rd uniforms were my chance to get unique, and I hope they land well.

First Division, the NFC East!

WASHINGTON COMMANDERS

spacer.png

Jersey Striping is based off of the D.C. Flag. Kept their logos and colors, it started with trying to fix their current rebrand. 

DALLAS COWBOYS

spacer.png

They got TOO many shades going on with their current uniforms. I tried to streamline it all. One shade of blue, one shade of silver. Went with a retro look for their 3rd jersey so they can wear some clean unis for Thanksgiving... or whatever.

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

spacer.png

Midnight Green has overstayed its welcome.  Time for the Kelly Green to return. A new modern twist for the Eagles with some diagonal striping down the pants. I tried to simulate some feathers for the 3rd jersey stripes. Not sure it translates but I still feel it looks clean enough to keep.

NEW YORK GIANTS

spacer.png

While I'm actually a fan of the solid blue jerseys for the Giants, The lack of any blue on the away jerseys always bugged me. So I added both colors to both. Went for a "Reverse Retro" design for the 3rd, switching it to red instead of blue. Kept the Navy GIANTS helmets as well.

That's the first batch! What do you like? What do you dislike? All opinions and critiques are welcome!

I may move over to the AFC East next, but might finish out the NFC first.

• Like 1

OK, peeps, lets continue!

Let's move over to the AFC East next!

BUFFALO BILLS

spacer.png

Kept them essentially the same, but more of a classic approach for the white. For the 3rd jersey, I kept the red, but added a red helmet.

MIAMI DOLPHINS

spacer.png

Bit of an old school flavor, just a tweak for the striping on the sleeves.  Wanted to keep their 3rds white, went with a staged gradient to give the impression of a setting sun behind the sea.

NEW YORK JETS

spacer.png

Back to what works for the Jets, their Butt Fumble Era jerseys. Kept the helmet logo shiny from their old Color Rush version. Kept the black as a 3rd, pretty much just a color swap.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

bVZGzCS.jpeg

I actually like their rebrand away from the Super Bowl Dynasty Era, but it always bugged me they only had one pair of pants. Added a silver pair to go with the silver helmets. Much like what they are wearing this year, threw it back to their old Pat Patriot design. Rounds everything out nicely.

There's the 2nd division! What division should I post next?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, CaptainBuzKill said:

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

bVZGzCS.jpeg

I actually like their rebrand away from the Super Bowl Dynasty Era, but it always bugged me they only had one pair of pants. Added a silver pair to go with the silver helmets. Much like what they are wearing this year, threw it back to their old Pat Patriot design. Rounds everything out nicely.

There's the 2nd division! What division should I post next?

Drop the silver completely and you'd have a great set

ZUH86xc.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2022 at 4:22 PM, johne9109 said:

Drop the silver completely and you'd have a great set

I appreciate your feedback! I'll take a look at that in a bit.

For now, let's get the NFC South out of the way, shall we?

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

spacer.png

I initially struggled with these but I think what came out of it is unique. Hoping the flag design on the sleeves would look like they're running in the wind. Had to go creamsicle for the alts.

ATLANTA FALCONS

spacer.png

I didn't do much to the Falcons. Just made the name on the back a different color to make them standout. Otherwise rather plain.

CAROLINA PANTHERS

spacer.png

I'm all over the place on the NFC South I see. From almost no change to the most radical. Wanted the numbers to look like scratches. I thought they looked good initially, however some friends say they missed the mark. I removed the silver from their color scheme, and tried to go with visually appealing combinations, but any parts can go with any others. Scratch marks for stripes are something I thought Nike would have done years ago.

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

spacer.png

Hard to tell on here, but there's a black on black stripe under the fleur-de-lis on the jerseys, with smaller black fleur-de-lis on them. Just to add some subtle flair. Gold jerseys that hopefully don't look like the mustard disaster that the Jags old Color Rush unis were. Added shiny gold to both the logo and the number outlines on those for more pop. I have also noticed I really like two toned alternates... I'll try and be better in the future haha.

AFC South soon.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, johne9109 said:

See I told you. I've been lobbying for the Pats to do this since they introduced the color rush uniform. The white just works so much better with this style uniform than the silver

Yeah, they definitely need to change. It looks really clean.

AFC South time? AFC South time.

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

5PGfLmR.jpg

I saw another concept add the holes from the logo to the striping, but it was the middle stripe. I thought it would look better on the double stripes. Also used their new alternate logo as their primary as my Colts fan friend LOVES the logo. He also wanted to incorporate black so I obliged. I originally had a blue on blue look but I didn't like it so I updated it to black.

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

6pJlAjj.jpg

Almost as simple as their current uniforms, but I added the jaguar spots to the striping. Another 2 toned alternate... I am CaptainBuzKill, and I have a problem.

HOUSTON TEXANS

PWJOeha.jpg

Houston hasn't changed their uniforms yet, other than adding a red jersey and helmet... Adding the horns of the logo to the helmet ala Minnesota or Philadelphia.

TENNESSEE TITANS

42INUHT.jpg

I swear I did these helmets at different times, same idea here tho. Added stars from the logo (and the Tennessee flag) everywhere. Kept the sword motif of the striping but just wanted to tone it down a bit. Alternate is a Titans version of the Oilers, just to bring the color scheme back.

West next?

• 2 weeks later...

AFC WEST

DENVER BRONCOS

ZnWyQR9.jpg

Kept em orange, but wanted a more traditional design. Pants can be used with any jersey.

LOS ANGELES CHARGERS

EgGnsqG.jpg

Not too different from their current set, but went back to their old font, played with the sleeve color though. Another 2 toned color alternate....

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

qjRiDsO.jpg

Didn't do much, just added some black into the striping and numbers for the home and away. Went way out of the box for the alternates, more of a BFBS type of deal. I'd envision these on like a Thursday night.

LAS VEGAS RAIDERS

8YenkFJ.jpg

Just made the silver actually shine like they did on their color rush uniforms, and added a bit more shine to the pants and helmet. Just added a touch of gold for the alternate, if you're in Vegas, you need some gold.

NFC WEST

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

5swoKJs.jpg

Same with Vegas, I added a bit of shine to the pants and helmet, otherwise home and away are untouched. Tried a gold alternate. Added some black to replace the white to help it stand out.

ARIZONA CARDINALS

uUyqEd1.jpg

I think the Cardinals have the worst current uniforms in the league... I tried to fix that, not sure if everyone will like it. Went real basic at first, added a sunburst to the sleeves since its on the Arizona flag. Thought a mostly White and Black road uniform would help them stand out... But then it looked a bit too much like the Bengals... Oh well. All back alternate, at least they actually have one currently, just added maroon as well as red.

LOS ANGELES RAMS

RPn4w6k.jpg

Almost unchanged home and away, just took away the random patches. Went back to the all yellow alternate, fit with the yellow helmet.

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

k0mMSCr.jpg

Struggled with this one. Went with a "Seahawk Stripe" on the sleeves, kept numbers the same, and added the pant stripe to the helmet. Went throwback for their alternate, but made it green instead of blue.

AFC NORTH

CINCINNATI BENGALS

fdPI0X0.jpg

Went essentially all 2-toned across the board for them. I really think its clean. Normal away has orange numbers and letters, mostly to let the "White Tiger" alternate to really pop.

CLEVELAND BROWNS

tijk7Tk.jpg

Nothing too crazy here. Altered the striping a bit to match the helmet. Went 2014 Browns for the orange alternate, I might be the only one on Earth who didn't hate those. 

BALTIMORE RAVENS

2NlswsE.jpg

Added a subtle Maryland flag pattern to the shoulders of the black jersey, gave them a bit of a unique stipe as well. Used both logos on the helmet (but mostly because I couldn't find the reversed Raven logo).

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Lnfkah9.jpg

They need logos on both sides. Its time. Also added a helmet stripe to match the sleeves. Went Steel Curtain alternate, a lot of grey and silver to pound that home.

NFC NORTH

CHICAGO BEARS

5Iz6JZM.jpg

Added stripes to the helmet, otherwise home and away are almost unchanged. Alternate is a combination of their 3 alternates, the Monsters of the Midway with the 2-toned jersey, the orange alt, and the classic jersey with the pants striping. Feel like it just fits.

DETROIT LIONS

CINnHt9.jpg

Tried working with their classic "Ford" looking logo. Vertical stripes everywhere. Added white back into it. Kept the alternate grey, just love the way it looks.

GREEN BAY PACKERS

A60xq4e.jpg

Went old school with the striping, otherwise unchanged. Kept their alternate the green and gold, but changed the helmet to green and added the GB logo. Also tried keeping the striping more consistent.

MINNESOTA VIKINGS

sm3ciMV.jpg

Really proud of the striping on the sleeve, intertwining both to make an M and V. Alternate design is based off their old throwback, but made into a darker purple with lighter purple accents.

So there they all are! What are your favorites? Least favorites? What would you change? I always look forward to your suggestions and comments!