Winter Classic 2023: The Battle of Black and Gold

DTConcepts

Hey all. A few days ago, the Boston Bruins and Pittsburgh Penguins unveiled the logos they'll be using for the upcoming Winter Classic next January. Inspired by the looks the teams unveiled, I whipped up a pair of jersey and uniform mockups for the event.

7q0nf4d.png

The Penguins' jerseys, in line with the logo the team unveiled, is a pretty direct throwback to the Pittsburgh Pirates' inaugural uniforms, including the wordmark on the chest and the Pittsburgh civic shield on the arms. The Bruins' uniform is a fauxback to match the logo, incorporating the team's original Spoked B logo, a classic striping pattern inspired by the team's midcentury jerseys, and touches of brown from the team's inaugural sweaters.

Short, simple, and sweet. I really hope the league swings a color vs. color matchup like this when they formally unveil the team's jerseys. What do you think? Are there any tweaks I should make? Let me know!

• Like 2