The CSL - A long-term series by CRDesigns [Sula Valley Sol Added]

CRDesigns

1 hour ago, johnrafael said:

As a football jersey purist, I must admit I'm appalled and somewhat disgusted with most of these designs. This is for football the equivalent of white pants in hockey.

Seems like some US-based tycoon that shows a complete disregard for local football tradition is buying teams along North and Central America into a "franchise-based league". There's no :censored:ing way clubs in Costa Rica and Cuba would look that much "United-Statesian" (like they say in Spanish, estadounidense). In some logos, the use of fonts is completely brainless. Some applications would be completely impossible, like that highly detailed Ottawa skyline.

However, as an exploratory project of design, this is nice.

well although harsh,  i do appreciate the feedback. ive only been watching football for a couple years and ive been designing kits for even less, lol. Thanks for letting me know

4 minutes ago, CRDesigns said:

well although harsh,  i do appreciate the feedback. ive only been watching football for a couple years and ive been designing kits for even less, lol. Thanks for letting me know

No ill intent.

I'd encourage you to research more about football in other nations that are not in the MLS system. A good starting point is the excellent PascalHugo's series of European Football, especially the Spanish League, whose teams usually inspire Latin-American teams.

14 hours ago, johnrafael said:

No ill intent.

I'd encourage you to research more about football in other nations that are not in the MLS system. A good starting point is the excellent PascalHugo's series of European Football, especially the Spanish League, whose teams usually inspire Latin-American teams.

Will definitely take a look! My euro ball/kit knowledge is basically just Premier League and a bit of Serie A. When it comes to Latin American, I know next to nothing. Thanks!

15 hours ago, tigers said:

I'm enjoying this and i love those Oil City designs.

Thanks! I am glad you're enjoying it.

I think I am going to keep doing logos in the style I have based on feedback I have received on other platforms.

Anyways, here is out next team: Buckeye Athletic Club! Based in Columbus, Ohio.

The Buckeye Athletic Club logo is contained within the shape of Ohio and has classical lettering and stripes inside. Standing atop the logo is a Buck. 

TRyuhjZ.png

The home kit has an angled stripe pattern inspired by the stripes in the logo. The away kit has a circle pattern to vaguely represent the buckeye nut found in Ohio.

P1ashGm.png

Honestly, I would not be surprised if this one gets a very split reception but I have a strange love for how this team came along. C&C Appreciated, as always!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• CRDesigns changed the title to The CSL - A long-term series by CRDesigns [Buckeye Athletic Club Added]
20 hours ago, CRDesigns said:

Thanks! I am glad you're enjoying it.

I think I am going to keep doing logos in the style I have based on feedback I have received on other platforms.

That's fine apart from small details in your logos. You need to make sure that at the size a crest would be on a shirt that all the details are clear and there are no small details that would be lost. The Quebec and Ottawa logos made me feel deep sympathy for the poor soul who would have to embroider those, and the OCFC on the Oil City is way too small. Adding another gear to the crest and putting a letter in each of the gears would be a big improvement on that front, maybe make the tower a bit bigger and two gears on each side of it.

On the template you've been using for the last few teams, the crest could do with being moved a little closer to the centerline of the shirt horizontally, as it looks too close to the arm seam.

Buckeye is good, the shirt designs are nice and the crest is good, though making the lettering navy and having it sit over a gold band would make it a lot easier to make out.

Sorry for the hiatus, everybody. Been a busy week. 

We have a new team! Sula Valley Sol! Based in San Pedro Sula, Honduras. 

The logo for the Sol is (obviously) a artsy styled sun, in a double orange and white colour scheme.

Z9jbzfM.png

The home kit is double orange with a large sash going diagonally through the middle of the jersey, the away kit introduces purple as a colour to honour the Sula Valley Vineyards.

4VFUGed.png

C&C Appreciated as always!

• CRDesigns changed the title to The CSL - A long-term series by CRDesigns [Sula Valley Sol Added]