The CSL - A long-term series by CRDesigns [Sula Valley Sol Added]

CRDesigns

The CRDesigns Soccer League (yes, really) is a fictional soccer league made by yours truly that is hosted in the CONCACAF region. Each part of the region will be given 20 teams (North, Central, Caribbean). I won't be posting them in any particular order, since I plan to simulate a group draw for fun once im done. Looking to grow a lot in my Football design experience here so C&C and suggestions are absolutely appreciated! The templates that I will be using in this series are from SportsTemplates, Fifakitcreator, and a couple free ones I located on Pardosport.

Without further ado, here is the league logo to start off! It is definitely simple, but I like the charm of it for now. I'll be making changes based on the feedback I get in the future.
qhdbZGw.png

And the first team: Fresno FC!
Fresno's logo takes very heavy inspiration from their flag, using the gear, the sun, and the plant that are all found within it. Their kits are primarily black and light blue, with 2 different pattern designs (Gradient stripes and chevrons). 
iiq9x5E.pngGU6jprF.png

Please let me know what you think! I'm fairly new to making football concepts, I normally stick to hockey, but have found a new passion for the sport and their designs. 

Keeping the train rolling with the next club, Royales du Quebec!
Based out of Quebec City, the Royales have a very luxurious double purple colour palette, and a logo complete with elements from the Quebec City flag.

bi15jZq.png

The kits take their purple and put it on full display, reworking the traditional stripes in their logo into a pinstripe design on the home jersey, alongside a lavender coloured away one. The sponsor is DAVIDsTEA, a tea company that is headquartered out of Quebec.

zrPMIt6.png

As always, C&C is hugely encouraged here! Thanks for reading.  

• Like 2

• CRDesigns changed the title to The CSL - A long-term series by CRDesigns [Royales du Quebec added]]

Continuing with our next club, Athletic Club Tijuana!
Based out of Tijuana, Mexico, AC Tijuana have a very traditional styled crest using the fist symbol from their flag.

lI5VARp.png

Their kits take the striping from their logo as the primary design for their home jersey. The away jersey utilizes a pixellated rainbow stripe, which is inspired by the Tijuana city sign.
ibil2S7.png

This is one that I am particularly proud of, C&C appreciated as always!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• CRDesigns changed the title to The CSL - A long-term series by CRDesigns [A.C. Tijuana Added]]
17 minutes ago, JG36 said:

Wow, that away is stunning. Never seen a pixelated stripe like that, well done 

Thank you!

Moving along to our next American team, we have Kaleidoscope SC
They play out of Louisville, Kentucky. The name is based off of the term for a group of butterflies - which is in fact a Kaleidoscope!

The logo is made by a good friend of mine, Justin Brolley Design.

vJbvPpq.jpeg

Their home kit is black and gold like the logo, with a traditional stripe down the middle. Their away kit? Anything but traditional. The club leans into the term "Kaleidoscope", with a kaleidoscope pattern covering the entire kit with black accents. The sponsor is UPS.

UbPis3B.png

C&C Appreciated as always!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• CRDesigns changed the title to The CSL - A long-term series by CRDesigns [Kaleidoscope SC]

Fresno - The crest is good, though the lettering isn't well centered (look at the distance from the edges of the F and O in Fresno and the height of the F and final B in Football Club). The home could do with contrasting cuffs, collar and three stripes on the shirt, and both could do with bespoke patterns instead of adidas teamwear options.

Quebec - The main emblem could do without the crown, which due to its size and amount of details would be an absolute nightmare when it came to embroidery. I would either enlarge it and move it so it either sits on top of the crest or the R, simplify it, or just get shot of it entirely.  If you get rid of the crown, you could move the R further up and move the merlons and Fleur de Lys a bit higher up too, and perhaps make the Fleur de Lys a bit bigger.

The pinstripes on the shorts for the home are a bit much and the kit could do with some white trim.

Tijuana - Not sure why there are two dates on the logo, it only really needs one, but it's a good logo anyways.

The colour choice of red and cream is great, but I would pick one thickness of stripe for the home instead of one for the front and another for the sleeves and back, and have matching cuffs and collar. The change shirt is a bit of a mess with two different sizes of pixels on the cuffs and inside/back of the shirt, and on the front. Using just the smaller would look better.

Kaleidoscope - This is great. The only changes I would make is getting rid of the shadow pattern on the home and putting a gold outline around the UPS logo, and getting rid of the lighting effect on the club badge.

The change is great.

22 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

Fresno - The crest is good, though the lettering isn't well centered (look at the distance from the edges of the F and O in Fresno and the height of the F and final B in Football Club). The home could do with contrasting cuffs, collar and three stripes on the shirt, and both could do with bespoke patterns instead of adidas teamwear options.

Quebec - The main emblem could do without the crown, which due to its size and amount of details would be an absolute nightmare when it came to embroidery. I would either enlarge it and move it so it either sits on top of the crest or the R, simplify it, or just get shot of it entirely.  If you get rid of the crown, you could move the R further up and move the merlons and Fleur de Lys a bit higher up too, and perhaps make the Fleur de Lys a bit bigger.

The pinstripes on the shorts for the home are a bit much and the kit could do with some white trim.

Tijuana - Not sure why there are two dates on the logo, it only really needs one, but it's a good logo anyways.

The colour choice of red and cream is great, but I would pick one thickness of stripe for the home instead of one for the front and another for the sleeves and back, and have matching cuffs and collar. The change shirt is a bit of a mess with two different sizes of pixels on the cuffs and inside/back of the shirt, and on the front. Using just the smaller would look better.

Kaleidoscope - This is great. The only changes I would make is getting rid of the shadow pattern on the home and putting a gold outline around the UPS logo, and getting rid of the lighting effect on the club badge.

The change is great.

Thank you for all of the feedback! For some reason, the backs/sleeves of that template are very weird to work with, so honestly I just need to learn how to make the sizes look good because it is a little difficult to format in photoshop. 
Ill make the changes for Quebec's shorts and add some white trim. Will post that in the near future.

Tonight or tomorrow our next team should be done, based in San Jose! Just trying to think of a name.... So far my frontrunner is Real San Jose. Open to ideas on it, though.

Sorry for not uploading this weekend. Some plans came up and I didn't have the chance to finish our next club: Silicon Valley SC!

Based in San Jose, SVFC is our 2nd team from California. Their branding is entirely inspired by technology and the San Jose area.

The logo is a modern crest in the shape of a microchip with a dual teal colour scheme, partially inspired by the San Jose Sharks.

SvsKHDZ.png

The home kit takes the pattern of a circuit board and spreads it across the entire jersey template. The away kit has a wave pattern to represent the waters around California.

eHAVX7v.png

C&C Appreciated, as always!

• Like 5

• CRDesigns changed the title to The CSL - A long-term series by CRDesigns [Silicon Valley SC added]

You've got some excellent kit designs here, and I'm a huge fan of the clash kits for Tijuana and Louisville!

I have one critique about the Silicon Valley crest though: The central part with "SVSC" is really hard to read, so I suggest changing that to white for better contrast against the lighter teal

55 minutes ago, TheGiantsFan said:

You've got some excellent kit designs here, and I'm a huge fan of the clash kits for Tijuana and Louisville!

I have one critique about the Silicon Valley crest though: The central part with "SVSC" is really hard to read, so I suggest changing that to white for better contrast against the lighter teal

Thanks for the feedback and kind words! I was really debating the SVSC part of the logo. On one hand I wanted it to be a more low-key logo but on the other hand I wanted the SVFC to not be totally invisible. Ill update it to white.

As for our next team, we are headed to San Salvador, El Salvador for FC El Boqueron! Named after the San Salvador volcano, the club has a traditional circular crest with a minimalist volcano at the bottom and flames popping out of the top.

KQuqBLb.png

And for their jerseys, I used a firey-graident-texture-thing-idk as the main design and a very simplistic secondary that honours their coat of arms.

9Gzlfuj.png

I noticed that the jerseys arent saving in super great quality so i am going to look at fixing the issue.

• Like 1

• CRDesigns changed the title to The CSL - A long-term series by CRDesigns [FC El Boqueron added]

A bit of a late post for our next San Jose based team... This time, San Jose - Costa Rica!
Introducing Atletico San Jose

Their logo is a mix of a classic crest design with a modern simplistic design featuring a toucan because toucans are fun and you can find them in Costa Rica!

ooaz0x8.png

Their home kit has a palm leaf style pattern to tie in with the toucan theme of the logo, and the away kit utilizes a watercolour texture inspired by some pieces of local art.

15CvvLT.png

C&C Appreciated!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• CRDesigns changed the title to The CSL - A long-term series by CRDesigns [Atletico San Jose]
10 hours ago, CRDesigns said:

A bit of a late post for our next San Jose based team... This time, San Jose - Costa Rica!
Introducing Atletico San Jose

Their logo is a mix of a classic crest design with a modern simplistic design featuring a toucan because toucans are fun and you can find them in Costa Rica!

ooaz0x8.png

Their home kit has a palm leaf style pattern to tie in with the toucan theme of the logo, and the away kit utilizes a watercolour texture inspired by some pieces of local art.

15CvvLT.png

C&C Appreciated!

Looks like you (possibly unintentionally) made a backwards small a out of the toucan's head. That is genius

1 hour ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Looks like you (possibly unintentionally) made a backwards small a out of the toucan's head. That is genius

Absolutely unintentional but you are right! I can see that little detail.

Heading back to Canada for our next club, The Cove FC!
Based in Halifax, NS, The Cove is named after Peggy's Cove which is located near Halifax,

The logo takes inspiration from the Spurs, using the bird on the Halifax flag standing on a soccer ball.

faWUreN.png

The home kit is a double blue kit with angled stripes and rectangles, and the away kit has a chest stripe with a bit of a wave effect to it.

omhtDCq.png

C&C Appreciated!

• Like 2

• CRDesigns changed the title to The CSL - A long-term series by CRDesigns [The Cove FC]

Moving back down south, we have Club Atletico Las Palmas de Havana! (Commonly known as Las Palmas or Atletico Las Palmas)
Based in Havana, Cuba, the club's logo is nature themed in colour and symbols with a palm tree and the sun rising above it.

AGCHsLI.png

The home kit has a green floral leaf pattern, and the away kit has a golden gradient texture to represent the sun.

YKHnktY.png

• Like 2

Happy Wednesday! Our next team is from the USA, Vice City SC!
Based in Miami, this club's branding takes heavy inspiration from Miami Vice and from the art deco architecture style in the area.

rVA8ozY.png

The kits both use the same pattern - a gradient vice coloured art deco pattern.

bSi7ijL.png

C&C Appreciated!

• Like 6

• CRDesigns changed the title to The CSL - A long-term series by CRDesigns [Vice City SC Added]

Next up we have another Canadian team: Ottawa United!
Based in the nation's capital, Ottawa United's logo is a traditional crest in the common black and red of Ottawa sports teams. The Fleur-De-Lis in the crest has the flame from the Ottawa Fury FC logo as a way to honour the old franchise.

11r3JqO.png

The home kit is half red and half black, just as seen in the logo. The away kit has vertical waves striping from the city's Coat of Arms

QlNgKvq.png

• CRDesigns changed the title to The CSL - A long-term series by CRDesigns [Ottawa UnitedAdded]

Vice City is awesome, the colours are excellent and the crest is a thing of beauty.

The crest for Ottawa United is not good - like the crest for Quebec, it would be a nightmare to scale down and embroider because of the sheer amount of detail on one part of the crest (the skyline), and the spacing of the Fleur de lys is really bad. The bottom of it is way too close to the Peace tower, and it looks really awkward on the red and black. There is also way too much empty space either side of the Fleur de lys and beneath the Ottawa skyline.

To be honest, I would scrap the crest and start again, it just doesn't work. I would also use the Maple Leaf as a symbol, probably something like the maple leaf found on the current Ottawa flag and maybe find a way to incorporate the Fury flame into that.

16 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

Vice City is awesome, the colours are excellent and the crest is a thing of beauty.

The crest for Ottawa United is not good - like the crest for Quebec, it would be a nightmare to scale down and embroider because of the sheer amount of detail on one part of the crest (the skyline), and the spacing of the Fleur de lys is really bad. The bottom of it is way too close to the Peace tower, and it looks really awkward on the red and black. There is also way too much empty space either side of the Fleur de lys and beneath the Ottawa skyline.

To be honest, I would scrap the crest and start again, it just doesn't work. I would also use the Maple Leaf as a symbol, probably something like the maple leaf found on the current Ottawa flag and maybe find a way to incorporate the Fury flame into that.

I'm in agreement, this isn't to the same level as some of your other stuff. 

Ottawa is a bilingual city. Utilizing the fleur-de-lis isn't a terrible idea (as it would appeal to francophone fans in Ontario as well as on the other side of the river in Gatineau. However, it also would imply that it's principally francophone which isn't the case. If you could somehow blend - maple leaf, fleur-de-lis, flame and peace tower (without detail), you could have something interesting that would well represent the area. I'm also not sure about the double water as the Ottawa River is the only body of water that separates Ottawa and Gatineau (your larger market area). 

If you are going to have to give up something, you can probably do away with the Fury flame. The city doesn't have a really strong connection to the Ottawa Fury (unlike the relationship with the Senators or the RoughRiders/RedBlacks). 

Happy Monday and thank you for the feedback everyone! I agree with your comments about Ottawa and I will be redoing them when better inspiration strikes. I apologize for letting something like that be posted, it is nowhere near my standards.

Today I have a different Canadian team to hopefully make up for that: Oil City FC!
Based in Edmonton, Oil City FC borrows colours from the local Oilers. Their primary logo is a oil drop crest with a oil rig tower reaching up to 3 gears.

h1be2uE.png

The home kit is navy blue and white, taking the tower design and making it a full pattern on the jersey where the away has traditional orange hoops to represent the beams found on the towers.

YqXeM7S.png

• Like 2

• CRDesigns changed the title to The CSL - A long-term series by CRDesigns [Oil City FC Added]]

As a football jersey purist, I must admit I'm appalled and somewhat disgusted with most of these designs. This is for football the equivalent of white pants in hockey.

Seems like some US-based tycoon that shows a complete disregard for local football tradition is buying teams along North and Central America into a "franchise-based league". There's no :censored:ing way clubs in Costa Rica and Cuba would look that much "United-Statesian" (like they say in Spanish, estadounidense). In some logos, the use of fonts is completely brainless. Some applications would be completely impossible, like that highly detailed Ottawa skyline.

However, as an exploratory project of design, this is nice.