2023 FIBA World Cup - France (9/25)

timberwolf

spacer.png

Better late than never.

The 2023 edition of the FIBA World Cup has come and gone but why not design some new uniforms? Paris 2024 is just around the corner, so think of this project as a bridge between the two.

I ended up watching a good amount of the tournament... and I wasn't too impressed by the uniforms. A majority of them weren't bad, but not good. Just meh.

I'm setting out to design a home & away version for (hopefully) every nation that competed. I'll try my best to stick with it. 🙂

Three ground rules...

• every country will be outfitted by Nike for the tournament
  • one home... one away... no alternates (yet)
  • despite the unrealistic nature of it, I won't be adding any sponsors or endorsements... rather focus on the actual design

-----------------------------------

We start with my home country - Canada. This is their current home and away.

Canada's uniforms aren't bad but they lack... something.

I kept the basic theme similar but added a faint granite pattern - a reference to the massive Canadian Shield. Our country has a vast amount of nature and it remains one of the things we're most proud of. The collars and sleeves have a double stripe pattern, an obvious nod to the Canadian flag.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Leave a comment and let me know what you think! I'm going group by group so France, Latvia, or Lebanon will be next! (whichever one I finish first)

• Like 2

Quite simple and clean-looking. I wonder how do the shorts look like though. Also, maybe you can enlarge the front number a bit, but not too large like the back number.

I know that you're gonna go group-by-group here, but I'm looking forward to your design for Gilas Pilipinas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edjb93 said:

Quite simple and clean-looking. I wonder how do the shorts look like though. Also, maybe you can enlarge the front number a bit, but not too large like the back number.

I know that you're gonna go group-by-group here, but I'm looking forward to your design for Gilas Pilipinas.

Good call on the shorts. I started out with just uniforms but after a couple of days I’ve got the feeling that shorts just tie everything together nicer. I’ll add them going forward.

I am going group by group but not in any specific order, so I’ll get to work on a Gilas Pilipinas set this week! Thanks for the feedback.

France up tomorrow afternoon!

France!

I'm going to add some shorts for the ones I've created, I'll post those in the next day or two. For now... I had France ready so might as well get it up!

I'm actually a big fan of the script they currently use on their uniforms. Bevel design is cool, but the rest of their outfit was very average. I've really liked how their soccer team has started using gold more and it suits the set nicely. The pinstripes don't come from a historic kit or anything, I just felt like they add an element of elegance to the design, which fits with the gold accents.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Let me know what you think!

• Like 3

• timberwolf changed the title to 2023 FIBA World Cup - France (9/25)
  • 2 weeks later...