Conceptober-Hockey Concepts

bucknut42

This October, Jerseynerds (@TheJerseyNerds) are running "Conceptober". They're providing one prompt for each day of the whole month, with hockey uniforms in mind for the prompts. I'm not a big hockey designer, so I wanted to participate in as many prompts as time allows this month and sharpen my hockey skills. First day was an "Earned edition" so I focused on the Kraken, giving them a sweater that features more red along with their blues. C&C always welcome!

NdVt3Dm.png

I'll post the next two days shortly!

• Like 1

spacer.png

Here are the next two days of designs!

October 2-"City edition": This city edition for the Caps prominently features the Washington, D.C. flag. The arms have the Washington monument leading to the player number, and my favorite of the Caps' logos is featured on the shoulder.

3OdBdBe.png

October 3-AHL Team: I like the colors and logo of the Colorado Eagles, so I made a tweak to their logo by removing black, and then featuring the multi-color stripes on the uniforms.

yB0KsXD.png

9UNxGXl.png

Excited for the next few days, and to share those designs with you all!

• Like 7

spacer.png

Here's the design for day 4! Since Columbus has never played in a Winter Classic, they felt like the perfect team to create for. The design is heavily inspired by one of the best state flags out there, featuring the flag itself on the chest logo. The flag stripes are applied on the jersey as well, and the sleeve logo is inspired by the circle on the flag.

yGISrwM.png

• Like 5
  • Love 1

spacer.png

23 hours ago, CRDesigns said:

Loving it so far! That CBJ jersey is so cool. Big fan of Washington's as well. Looking forward to seeing what you make next!

Thank you, the CBJ sweater is for sure my favorite of the group so far. Luckily I've got my next one ready to go! As I was looking at the Canadian teams for the heritage Classic, the Senators popped out at me. So I made a fauxback logo for them to go with the fauxback sweaters.

eUMkwA7.png

• Like 3

spacer.png

Didn't create designs for this past weekend, but I do have my concepts for October 6 and October 9!

October 6: ECHL Team-This design is a city edition concept for the Indy Fuel, my local team. It features the city flag of Indianapolis on the sleeves, and is in the flag colors as well.

bQFROqZ.png

October 9: Reverse Retro-Double dipping in the ECHL here as I go back to 1985 for the team I grew up watching and rooting for. The Komets used blue and orange as their colors when they used these jerseys, which were recreated for the 2021 Bob Chase Memorial game honoring his 63-year career as the Komets radio/TV broadcaster. I updated the uniforms to the Komets current colors, and flipped the orange and black to help the "reverse" aspect of the sweater.

ByPvFwF.png

• Like 3

spacer.png

October 10-Diagonal Word Mark-The Minnesota Wild get an alternate red jersey featuring a diagonal word mark based on their alternate M logo. I worked on this one for a long time and wasn't sure I would be able to get it right, but I like where it ended up.

NrqaItE.png

• Like 2

spacer.png

October 11-Defunct Team:  I love the logo set and colors of the now-defunct Quad City Mallards, so they are the subjects of today's prompt! No real deep meaning behind anything here, just tried to build a nice set of uniforms for them.

fRXztkK.png

fH8A0uZ.png

PEkogqd.png

• Like 3

spacer.png

4 hours ago, bucknut42 said:

October 11-Defunct Team:  I love the logo set and colors of the now-defunct Quad City Mallards, so they are the subjects of today's prompt! No real deep meaning behind anything here, just tried to build a nice set of uniforms for them.

fRXztkK.png

fH8A0uZ.png

PEkogqd.png

Love that alt logo

ZUH86xc.png

October 12-Chrome Dome: For today's chrome dome concept, I decided to use Ohio State hockey and give them a silver chrome helmet (think LA Kings) that also has chrome stripes and chrome Buckeye stickers. I put it with a blackout uniform, thinking that it could be worn the next time they play in a Faceoff on the Lake.

3NesTVs.png

• Like 1

spacer.png