Cate/TRIDENTE Soccer Design Thread

Cate

Since I have been posting my work on social for a while now and I "specialize" more on soccer than on other sports, I thought I would start a new thread on my soccer designs here as well.
I have to clarify that everything that will be posted will be under the name "TRIDENTE" since "Cate" is the old username I used until a few years ago and I honestly haven't figured out how to change it here on the forum yet.

I'd like to point out that it will mainly be a thread for jerseys and kits, but in some cases there will also be crest redesigns.

All of the work posted here was created with CLO3D (nothing posted has anything to do with AI), so in case you want mockups (in some cases I can even give them away for free, others are for sale on my Gumroad account) I will tell you that they will not work in Photoshop or Illustrator.

I will not post in chronological order, so it is possible that there are old works with new or unpublished ones. I will also attempt where possible to give a brief explanation to the designs.

First up: Newcastle United and Slovenia.

Newcastle United (Premier League) - Away kit

spacer.png

For the England team, I was inspired by one of the kits that has remained most in the memory of Magpies fans: the 1995-96 away kit.
On the back of the jersey, under the collar is also the crest used by the team during the 1980s

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png

Slovenia (National Team) - Home jersey

spacer.png

For the Slovenian national team, I used the classic design that has been present for some 20 years with the outline of Mount Triglav, the country's symbol, repeated in different shades of blue (and white) to form a double "fading effect ".
Also the other two elements of the state coat of arms, the three stars and three waves, are embossed on the front of the jersey.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Newcastle - Fine recreation of the classic 95-96 kit, I would get shot of the watermark crest on the front and just have the magpie on it's own on the back under the collar, as the 1980s crest was never intended to be rendered in that size and the magpie looks indistinct and the mag on it's own would look a lot better.

Slovenija - This is great. Only thing I would do is get rid of the watermark on the shirt as it distracts from the effect on the Triglav.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

Newcastle - Fine recreation of the classic 95-96 kit, I would get shot of the watermark crest on the front and just have the magpie on it's own on the back under the collar, as the 1980s crest was never intended to be rendered in that size and the magpie looks indistinct and the mag on it's own would look a lot better.

Slovenija - This is great. Only thing I would do is get rid of the watermark on the shirt as it distracts from the effect on the Triglav.

Thank you for your comment!

Going back I would actually change the logo on the back for Newcastle, while for the watermark crest on the front I wanted to put it because it was a hallmark of the jerseys (in general) of that era.

For Slovenia I wanted to put the watermark on only to recreate the country's coat of arms.

Bayern München (Bundesliga) - Home Jersey

spacer.png

For the Bavarian team, I used a diamond pattern (a motif found on the regional flag).
In addition, the blue and white diamonds are also present on the collar and cuffs.

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png

Athletic Bilbao (La Liga) - Away jersey

spacer.png

The protagonist of this 'Lehoiak' ('Lions' in basque, the team nickname) jersey is the 'Ikurrina', the flag of the Basque Country, a community where Bilbao is located: the flag design is 'hidden' within an endecagonal pattern (eleven sides like the eleven players on the pitch for the team).
The collar is an 'old style' polo collar.

• Like 2

On 10/30/2023 at 8:52 AM, Cate said:

I have to clarify that everything that will be posted will be under the name "TRIDENTE" since "Cate" is the old username I used until a few years ago and I honestly haven't figured out how to change it here on the forum yet.

• Click on your username in the top right corner of any forum page
  • In the drop down menu that appears, click on Profile
  • Click on Account Settings button that appears near the top of the screen
  • Click on Change next to Display Name
  • Enter your new display name and click Save button
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, officeglenn said:

• Click on your username in the top right corner of any forum page
  • In the drop down menu that appears, click on Profile
  • Click on Account Settings button that appears near the top of the screen
  • Click on Change next to Display Name
  • Enter your new display name and click Save button

Thank you so much!

A.S. Roma (Serie A) - Away Shirt

spacer.png spacer.png

The inspiration for this jersey comes from the famous and never forgotten uniforms produced by Pouchain worn in the 1979-80 season, with which the 'Giallorossi' won the Coppa Italia and the adidas 90s templates popular in those years (also worn by the Capitoline team). The logo used here is the 80s "Lupetto" logo.
The front of the jersey also features a tribute to the city's most iconic monument: the Colosseum

spacer.png

Spoiler

• Like 1

The orange on the Roma change looks really burned, almost brown, and looks plain ugly, especially on its own and not bordered with the deep red and the yellow. What colour is the base supposed to be? It looks cream in the first picture, white in the others.

On 2023-10-30 at 8:47 PM, Cate said:

Going back I would actually change the logo on the back for Newcastle, while for the watermark crest on the front I wanted to put it because it was a hallmark of the jerseys (in general) of that era.

Both of the 1995-96 Toon jerseys didn't have watermarks and were all the better for it.