Sun Belt Conference as Hockey

zekepalermo

In this 14-part season, I will design hockey jerseys design the 14 Sun Belt Conference schools.

Some of these schools do sponsor teams (mostly club), but the goal is design entirely original jersey sets for each one

All teams will get a home, away, and an alternate.

Index

App State
Arkansas State
Coastal Carolina
Georgia Southern
Georgia State

James Madison
Louisiana

Louisiana-Monroe
Marshall

Old Dominion
South Alabama
Troy

Southern Miss

The first designed team:  App State.

Original                                                                                                                                     Edit 11/22/23 Changed alternate jersey shoulder logo

spacer.pngspacer.png

I certainly plan to get funkier with the designs, especially on the alternates, but something about App's branding begs for simple designs. A fourth black jersey with the A instead of Yosef wouldn't be a bad shout, but I wanted at least one with him on the chest.

• Like 3

App State does have a club hockey team. I do like what you did better than what they wear.

articles/wild-weekend-in-winston-for-the-mountaineers-against-william-mary-lp06f9rc/featureImage/featureImage_1600x900.png (1050×700) (firebasestorage.googleapis.com)

My one complaint is that the alternate jersey shouldn't have Yosef on both the shoulders and the chest.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

8 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

App State does have a club hockey team. I do like what you did better than what they wear.

articles/wild-weekend-in-winston-for-the-mountaineers-against-william-mary-lp06f9rc/featureImage/featureImage_1600x900.png (1050×700) (firebasestorage.googleapis.com)

My one complaint is that the alternate jersey shouldn't have Yosef on both the shoulders and the chest.

Thanks!

And you're right, small thing I overlooked. The A would probably do well on the shoulders instead.

Arkansas State! Welcome to the conversation.

Original                                                                                                                                      Edit 11/23/23 Added shoulder logo, changed number colors on home/away,

spacer.pngspacer.png

Another fairly simple design as I get more comfortable and continue to better understand how hockey uniforms can be more creative.

The shoulder/arm stripes on the alternate are taken from the Arkansas state flag, which I think is a fun and good-looking nod.

• Like 3

Help needed for Coastal Carolina! 

Original                                                                                                                                 Edit 11/22/23 Introduced black, added sleeve numbers

spacer.pngspacer.png

The home and away rely heavily on wave shapes taken from the university's logo, but I just don't love how it ended. If you have any ideas, do share! 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, zekepalermo said:

Arkansas State! Welcome to the conversation.

spacer.png

Another fairly simple design as I get more comfortable and continue to better understand how hockey uniforms can be more creative.

The shoulder/arm stripes on the alternate are taken from the Arkansas state flag, which I think is a fun and good-looking nod.

Love this set for the Red Wolves.

A couple of criticisms:

• On the white jersey, I feel like the back numbers are a bit hard to read at distance. Why not try having them be black or red with a white outline? Just a way to have them stand out a but from the stripes.
  • Did you consider putting the stAte logo on the shoulders?1200px-Arkansas_State_Red_Wolves_wordmar

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

9 hours ago, zekepalermo said:

Help needed for Coastal Carolina! 

spacer.png

The home and away rely heavily on wave shapes taken from the university's logo, but I just don't love how it ended. If you have any ideas, do share! 

spacer.png

Decided to post these designs that I don't love because the throw/fauxbacks , which i adore. 

These are killer. Their club team wears a pretty basic template, but you've improved on that greatly.

2021-Champs.jpg

My one nitpick on the white jerseys (and possibly the teal) would be to maybe make the numbers black. They use that color in athletics, so might as well throw it on the jerseys. It'd make the teal and bronze that you've got on there pop.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

Georgia Southern! Kept it pretty minimal to parallel the very basic football jerseys. 

Cuffs on the home and away are meant to mimic the gloves used to handle birds of prey like the eagle.

I like how the candycane fauxbacks turned out, although I would love suggestions on how to make the nameplate (GATA for all players) pop a little bit more!

spacer.png

If you've left a suggestion on a previous design, I recommend checking it out again; I've made some updates!

• Like 1