NHL Feauxback Series 32/32 (Jets Added)

johne9109

So I had the idea of doing a series of jerseys that aren't straight throwbacks, but jerseys that are made to look old but don't have any actual basis on a teams old jersey. Think what Vegas did for this Winter Classic or what teams like the Wild and the Stars did for their outdoor games. For some teams I may pull inspiration from other historic non NHL teams or do an amalgamation of older designs (i.e Bruins Winter Classic jerseys) and some will be completely original. 

1. Anaheim Ducks
  2. Arizona Coyotes
  3. Boston Bruins
  4. Buffalo Sabres
  5. Calgary Flames
  6. Carolina Hurricanes
  7. Chicago Blackhawks
  8. Colorado Avalanche
  9. Columbus Blue Jackets
  10. Dallas Stars
  11. Detroit Red Wings
  12. Edmonton Oilers
  13. Florida Panthers
  14. Los Angeles Kings
  15. Minnesota Wild
  16. Montreal Canadiens
  17. Nashville Predators
  18. New Jersey Devils
  19. New York Islanders
  20. New York Rangers
  21. Ottawa Senators
  22. Philadelphia Flyers
  23. Pittsburgh Penguins
  24. San Jose Sharks
  25. Seattle Kraken
  26. St. Louis Blues
  27. Tampa Bay Lightning
  28. Toronto Maple Leafs
  29. Vancouver Canucks
  30. Vegas Golden Knights
  31. Washington Capitals
  32. Winnipeg Jets

ZUH86xc.png

Anaheim Ducks

For the Ducks I pulled inspiration from the Hollywood/LA Millionaires of the California Hockey League that ran during the 20's and 30's. I kept the white base but the striping becomes gold. The logo is an adapted version of the Mighty Ducks secondary logo, but Wild Wing is replaced with an actual duck to enhance that retro look. I originally had this as a black jersey but wether I tried orange stripes or gold stripes it looked less like a Ducks jersey and more like a Vegas or Flyers jersey. 

ANAFB1

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • WOAH 1

ZUH86xc.png

Arizona Coyotes

The Coyotes I did something I'm surprised the team has never done themselves and that's take the jersey the coyote is wearing in their logo and make a jersey based on that. I simplified the colors and dropped green and used the Sedona red for the equipment to harken back to the old leather equipment hockey players used to wear

ARIF1

• Like 1
  • Love 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NHL Feauxback Series 2/32 (Coyotes Added)

Boston Bruins

For the Bruins I wanted to do something that was different than any of their throwback or winter classic uniforms. The logo I pulled from old promotional work and then the design is an amalgamation of old Bruins uniforms. I really like the dark/ almost black brown that Boston has been using over the last few years and wouldn't mind if they moved to it full time

BOSF1

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NHL Feauxback Series 3/32 (Bruins Added)

Buffalo Sabres

The Sabres are one of those teams that have dabbled in throwbacks and feauxbacks in the past; heck their current uniforms are throwbacks. So for them I had to find a different source of inspiration. What I ended up doing was using the old Buffalo Bisons as inspiration. I thought about using their regular logo, but it didn't stand out too much so I used their secondary logo from the Heritage and Winter Classic uniforms. 

BUFF1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NHL Feauxback Series 4/32 (Sabres Added)
  • johne9109 changed the title to NHL Feauxback Series 5/32 (Flames Added)

Carolina Hurricanes

Last year the Hurricanes introduced this vintage Stormy run of merchandise and while I don't think Stormy makes sense as the mascot for a team called the Hurricanes it works perfectly for this series. So we see Stormy on the front of the jersey. The overall design of the uniform is a nod to the Hurricanes history; originally being the Hartford Whalers. I adapted one of the Whalers WHA uniforms

CHF1

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NHL Feauxback Series 6/32 (Hurricanes Added)

Chicago Blackhawks 

The Blackhawks design is an amalgamation of uniforms from their history. The main design is from their inaugural uniform; however instead of being black and white I used the teams current colors with a vintage white. The main logo comes from the 50's as well as the secondary logo. The shoulders that feature the secondary logo reduces the striping of the original design to make room for the secondary logo

CBF1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NHL Feauxback Series 7/32 (Blackhawks Added)

Colorado Avalanche

The Avs are loosely based on the Colorado Rockies. Reverse Retro showed us that the Avalanche would not be able to do a direct homage to the Rockies so we get a uniform design reminiscent of the Rockies, but with the Avs colors and the C from the state flag is free from the mountain

CAF1

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NHL Feauxback Series 8/32 (Avalanche Added)

Columbus Blue Jackets

So I could've went the easy route and just made a white version of their cannon alternate, but I decided to go another route. I decided to do an homage to the previous Ohio NHL team; the Cleveland Barons. The design is taken from their uniform while the colors and logo is taken from the teams alternate uniform as I felt that logo better fit the throwback nature of this series. Now I have been trying to keep vintage white for the original 6 teams only, but this cream color is already a part of the Blue Jackets branding so I kept it.

CBJF1

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NHL Feauxback Series 9/32 (Blue Jackets Added)

Dallas Stars

A few years back the stars had revealed a homage jersey to the Minnesota North Stars. I really like that logo and the old school feel it has. So I took that and put it on a North Stars uniform from the late 70s and used a color palette more in line with Dallas. I know the Wild have been doing the North Stars tributes lately but it's a part of Dallas' history

DSF1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NHL Feauxback Series 10/32 (Stars Added)
  • johne9109 changed the title to NHL Feauxback Series 11/32 (Red Wings Added)
  • johne9109 changed the title to NHL Feauxback Series 12/32 (Oilers Added)

Florida Panthers

I took the striping from the Panthers Reebok Edge design and made it look like more traditional striping and merged that with elements of the Panthers original uniforms. The logo comes from their abominable alternate jersey from the Reebok years as I felt it has a more classic feel to it than any of their other logos. The colors are lightened up a bit as well to give it a 60's/70's team feel.

FLAF1

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NHL Feauxback Series 13/32 (Panthers Added)
  • johne9109 changed the title to NHL Feauxback Series 14/32 (Kings Added)
  • johne9109 changed the title to NHL Feauxback Series 15/32 (Wild Added)
  • johne9109 changed the title to NHL Feauxback Series 16/32 (Predators Added)
  • johne9109 changed the title to NHL Feauxback Series 17/32 (Devils Added)

Montreal Canadiens

The Habs are always tricky as they haven't changed a whole lot and fans are very reluctant to changes in  their uniforms. So what I did was take their Pre NHL uniform from 1910 and drop the green for their more common blue. I also used vintage white for the Habs as they are an original 6 team and they are the only teams getting to utilize it in this series

MTLF1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NHL Feauxback Series 18/32 (Canadiens Added)

New York Islanders

I took inspiration from an unlikely source, the short lived New York Raiders of the WHA. I originally modified the Raiders logo with it having say islanders instead, but I can't see the NHL doing a direct reference to a WHA team that a team doesn't already have ties to (a la Winnipeg Jets.) So I used the Islanders logo and just used the overall design from the Raiders

NYIF1

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png