Eurovision 2024 x Soccer Kits (8/35: Norway)

Exceed_Idiot

I have decided to combine the two things on my mind for most of the last year, Football(Soccer) and the Eurovision Song Contest. Originally planned to be a crossover with Euro 2024, I remembered the fact that there are some teams that are not in one or the other competition and the UK is split into its constituent parts. So I'll just be making the Football kits based on each country's song and artist and also use the existing Malmö 24 branding.

Enjoy!

eerJgrS.png

• Like 1

The first country to release the song, and get a kit, is 2022 World Cup finalists and 5-time Eurovision winners France, who released their song back in November 9th 2023. The song they went with, 'Mon amour' by Slimane, is a ballad about a person wanting their (former) lover and wanting them to come back to Paris. As such the kit takes inspiration from the Eiffel Tower and the outfit Slimane uses for his live performances of the song.

ovNrrHv.png

Zl8GCRn.png

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

• Exceed_Idiot changed the title to Eurovision 2024 x Soccer Kits (2/36: Czechia)
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2024-01-31 at 10:14 PM, Bomba Tomba said:

So what's your plan for the UK? Just one unified team or 4 different uniforms all with different elements from the song?

Since the artist we got (Olly Alexander) was English, I am most likely doing just England. Maybe Scotland as well as there is a chance if the UK wins, the host will be Glasgow. The other 2 don't really have much going on in terms of Eurovision involvement 

Country 4, Slovenia with their entry 'Veronika' by Raiven released in 20th January.  This was hard to conceptualise considering the directions the music video went and I wish I incorporated more stuff like the silver ferns or the one black outfit underwater but for now, this is it. and the song is my favourite so far.

rUTejon.pngXtOsU12.png

• Like 4

• Exceed_Idiot changed the title to Eurovision 2024 x Soccer Kits (4/35: Slovenia)
  • 3 weeks later...

Took a long time (so much that there is now 20 songs released out of the 34 I'll make, with 4 more coming by the 29th) but finally here is country no. 5, Ireland with 'Doomsday Blue' by Bambie Thug. Thank Ireland for being interesting this year otherwise, y'all would get just a plain colour shirt (like Luxembourg who are up next).GUREFZn.pngSCCMU4a.png

• Like 4

• Exceed_Idiot changed the title to Eurovision 2024 x Soccer Kits (5/34: Ireland)

6th country is a returning country after 30 years, Luxembourg with 'Fighter' by Tali. My most unanticipated country at the beginning, and then they revealed no local songwriters were involved with any of the songs except one and also the contest was organized by a foreign company. Couple that with the artist controversy (same reason as why I'm not doing *sr**l and *z*rb**j*n) and all the songs being so mid that I struggle to make anything out of it, and the result is a very low-effort kit from me.

1RAzeIK.png

Cs9moOF.png

• Like 1
  • Eyeroll 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2024 at 2:31 AM, Exceed_Idiot said:

Malta has decided to go with Loop by Sarah Bonnici. Not much I can do.uOiQmmp.pngAdHyuuU.png

Umbrella Corporation wants to know your location

• LOL 1

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

• Exceed_Idiot changed the title to Eurovision 2024 x Soccer Kits (8/35: Norway)