MLS 2030 (32/32 San Francisco 49ers) FINISHED

BullockDesigns

The year is 2030. Constant injuries, corrupt officiating, and many other factors led to a shocking downfall in the NFL and american football in general. On the other hand, it seems soccer has finally had its moment in the US. The World Cup and star players arriving to the MLS led to a huge rise in viewership and attendance. As a result, some NFL teams turned to investing in the sport, and making their way into the MLS.

A restructure occurred in the league. All Canadian teams opted to join the Canadian League. MLS teamed up with USL, and promotion and relegation were introduced. 4 divisions of 8 teams each were made up, focused mainly on inter division/conference play, with the team finishing last in each division to be relegated to USL Championship, and the leader in each USL Championship division to be promoted. Below USL Championship is USL League One, and below that, the US States League, made up of mostly local teams from each state, all with the chance to climb up the ladder.

The top 3 teams in each division qualify for playoffs, with the first seed with an automatic bye, while the number 2 seed players number 3, and it all comes down to Northeast/Southeast vs Central/West

Side notes:

This was my first time designing and making any types of logos. I've been interested in a long time and finally took the plunge to express my ideas and try to learn Illustrator. I realized that graphic design, and especially sports design is something i want to make into a career. I hope you all enjoy this series i made and any comments or critisism is greatly encouraged.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

NYCFC   Inter Miami CF   FC Dallas   LAFC   Philadelphia Union   Atlanta United   Minnesota North Star   LA Galaxy   Columbus Crew   Charlotte FC   Chicago Fire   Seattle Sounders   FC Cincinnati   Nashville SC   St.Louis SC   San Diego FC   New England Patriots   Orlando City   Houston Dynamo   Real Salt Lake   Metro SC   Memphis 901   Colorado Rapids   Portland Timbers   DC United   

New Orleans Saints   Sporting Kansas City   Phoenix Rising   Steelers FC   Jacksonville Jaguars   Oklahoma City FC   San Francisco 49ers

• LOL 1

spacer.png

• BullockDesigns changed the title to MLS 2030 (2/32 Inter Miami CF)

For someone who's making their first-ever concept series, I commend you for the job you've done. As of right now, I think most of the crests are decent, but the kits are lacking. I think that may have more to do with the barebones template though. So my suggestions are...

- Overall

- The template needs more detail, especially since you're using Illustrator, I might suggest giving Raysox's template a try. 

- The number fonts aren't wide enough or thick enough and they're too spaced out from the MLS text. 

- NYC

- Thicken up the orange outline and/or add a blue outline on the outside of the orange. 

- Add another stripe on the sleeve cuffs to match the hem striping

- Miami

- Pretty nice, just need to scale the Royal Caribbean logo better. When you paste the logo into the file, just do CTRL-SHIFT and then scroll on the mouse to size it evenly

• Like 3

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

2 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

For someone who's making their first-ever concept series, I commend you for the job you've done. As of right now, I think most of the crests are decent, but the kits are lacking. I think that may have more to do with the barebones template though. So my suggestions are...

- Overall

- The template needs more detail, especially since you're using Illustrator, I might suggest giving Raysox's template a try. 

- The number fonts aren't wide enough or thick enough and they're too spaced out from the MLS text. 

- NYC

- Thicken up the orange outline and/or add a blue outline on the outside of the orange. 

- Add another stripe on the sleeve cuffs to match the hem striping

- Miami

- Pretty nice, just need to scale the Royal Caribbean logo better. When you paste the logo into the file, just do CTRL-SHIFT and then scroll on the mouse to size it evenly

Appreciate the feedback, will definitely look into what you said

• Like 1

spacer.png

• BullockDesigns changed the title to MLS 2030 (3/32 FC Dallas)
1 hour ago, LaGrandeOrange said:

You should try to align the makers mark on the chest and the crest. That's pretty much universal in real kits unless the makers mark is below the collar.

Thanks for pointing that out, will make that adjustment moving forward

spacer.png

• BullockDesigns changed the title to MLS 2030 (5/32 Philadelphia Union)
  • BullockDesigns changed the title to MLS 2030 (6/32 Atlanta United)

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Might be one of my favorites from this series. Inspired by the Northern Lights jersey, i wanted to combine that and those colors, with some viking aspects, shown in the M and a viking shield style pattern in the star, and of course, the name North Star as an ode to the states motto, and former hockey team.

• Like 1

spacer.png

• BullockDesigns changed the title to MLS 2030 (7/32 Minnesota North Star)
  • BullockDesigns changed the title to MLS 2030 (9/32 Columbus Crew)