Minnesota State Flag Hockey Jerseys

chcarlson23

I took a little break from my Twin Cities League series to work on these sweaters inspired by the new Minnesota State Flag! 

And while working on them, I ended up noticing how similar they were to these Gophers sweaters in the early 1930's.

State%20Flag%20Sweaters.jpg

The font used for the wordmark and NOB is the same as the "Explore Minnesota" ad campaign, which uses Brandon Grotesque. The numbers are a different font, but I thought meshed better with the sharp edges of Brandon. 

C&C welcome! 

• Like 3

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

• 2 weeks later...

I am happy to announce that these jerseys are now for sale!! I am partnering with Olive and York, as well as the flag company, Flags for Good. The pre-sale will go until the 15th of February, and any purchase will include the new Minnesota state flag!

Minnesota Flag Hockey Jersey Bundle PRE-ORDER – Olive & York (oliveandyork.com)

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

• 2 weeks later...

Today is the last day for purchase if anyone wants to buy one!! 

You’ll have until 12 AM eastern, 11 PM central to buy one! 

I'm a fan of the design! I like what they came up with for the flag and this does a good job imo of translating the elements from the flag to the sweater. 

Question... So I've seen a couple times now where people on this site have posted this site for having their designs produced and am curious... did you just email them to propose making the design or do they have a space for submitting designs for possible production?

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

3 hours ago, Wildcomet said:

I'm a fan of the design! I like what they came up with for the flag and this does a good job imo of translating the elements from the flag to the sweater. 

Question... So I've seen a couple times now where people on this site have posted this site for having their designs produced and am curious... did you just email them to propose making the design or do they have a space for submitting designs for possible production?

Thank you!! It’s a simple design for the flag, so it was pretty easy to move to a sweater!

And I believe that they usually get in touch with people through social media, but they do also have an email you could send to them. I think they usually see a project that they like, and then they reach out.

I posted this design on Twitter/X, tagging an account that’s been following the Minnesota Flag change. They shared it around and someone else commented that Olive and York should make these, so they DM’d me and wanted to get started which was awesome! 

• Like 1

On 2/16/2024 at 5:41 PM, chcarlson23 said:

Thank you!! It’s a simple design for the flag, so it was pretty easy to move to a sweater!

And I believe that they usually get in touch with people through social media, but they do also have an email you could send to them. I think they usually see a project that they like, and then they reach out.

I posted this design on Twitter/X, tagging an account that’s been following the Minnesota Flag change. They shared it around and someone else commented that Olive and York should make these, so they DM’d me and wanted to get started which was awesome! 

Thanks for sharing! That's good to know. Honestly outside of this site I've never made much of an effort to share my work (though I did have a soccer logo/kit design pop up in the wild on Reddit once which I thought was cool) but I may need to consider putting in more effort there down the road if I ever come up with something I think is strong enough to warrant it.

• Like 1

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png