NBA X MLB Uniforms 16/30 Heat Full Set Added

johne9109

New Series. This is my latest entry in crossing over sport teams into another sport. This time I will be taking NBA teams and turn them into MLB uniforms

1. Atlanta Hawks Full Set
  2. Boston Celtics Full Set
  3. Brooklyn Nets v 2.0 Full Set
  4. Charlotte Hornets Full Set
  5. Chicago Bulls Full Set
  6. Cleveland Cavaliers
  7. Dallas Mavericks
  8. Denver Nuggets
  9. Detroit Pistons
  10. Golden State Warriors
  11. Houston Rockets
  12. Indiana Pacers
  13. Los Angeles Clippers
  14. Los Angeles Lakers
  15. Memphis Grizzlies
  16. Miami Heat
  17. Milwaukee Bucks
  18. Minnesota Timberwolves
  19. New Orleans Pelicans
  20. New York Knicks
  21. Oklahoma City Thunder
  22. Orlando Magic
  23. Philadelphia 76ers
  24. Phoenix Suns
  25. Portland Trail Blazers
  26. Sacramento Kings
  27. San Antonio Spurs
  28. Toronto Raptors
  29. Utah Jazz
  30. Washington Wizards

ZUH86xc.png

Atlanta Hawks

I went pretty traditional with the Hawks putting their current wordmark on the front with a yellow and red striping on the sleeves and placket. The hat logo is their current alt logo that is featured on the waistbands of their shorts, but I swapped the basketball design for a baseball stitching

ATLBB1

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

Boston Celtics

The Celtics, like the Red Sox, are a very traditional team and don't experiment much with their uniform. So I went with a very traditional baseball uniform with green striping and a green cap. I went with the clover logo on the cap as it felt more baseball logo than the Celtics logo with Lucky. 

BOSBB1

• Like 2

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA X MLB Uniforms 2/30 Celtics Added

ATL: Love the idea of making the cap logo a baseball ATL, but I feel like their current primary (without the circle of text around it of course) would make a better one.

BOS: Similar case to Atlanta, good idea, but a better logo could be used (just the clover in this scenario). 

Also, after you finish this, could you do some of the city uniforms from years past? I feel like some of them could be better baseball unis than basketball unis (i.e. ATL's from this year)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BlueMoon18 said:

ATL: Love the idea of making the cap logo a baseball ATL, but I feel like their current primary (without the circle of text around it of course) would make a better one.

BOS: Similar case to Atlanta, good idea, but a better logo could be used (just the clover in this scenario). 

Also, after you finish this, could you do some of the city uniforms from years past? I feel like some of them could be better baseball unis than basketball unis (i.e. ATL's from this year)

I did that logo for the Hawks because a lot of MLB cap logos tend to be/involve letters. I could try both them and Boston with the different cap logos.

I think I might go back and do away, alts, and city editions

ZUH86xc.png

53 minutes ago, johne9109 said:

I did that logo for the Hawks because a lot of MLB cap logos tend to be/involve letters. I could try both them and Boston with the different cap logos.

I think I might go back and do away, alts, and city editions

That makes sense, but it's often either one or two letters or some symbol, so I feel that neither of the caps you originally did would work for an actual baseball team. Some teams do have logos that could work as a cap logo realistically, but I understand that not all do (My hometown Mavs don't have one unfortunately).

• Like 1

Brooklyn Nets

The Nets I decided to do as a sleeveless jersey; mostly based on the fact that their normal jerseys are very plain. So I took the Nets logo changed the basket ball to a baseball and put that on the front of the jersey and then did the same with the cap logo

BNBB1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA X MLB Uniforms 3/30 Nets Added
10 hours ago, Bomba Tomba said:

I like the change of the basketball into a baseball, but the Nets name still makes zero sense in a baseball context

Probably the nets behind home plate?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Bomba Tomba said:

I like the change of the basketball into a baseball, but the Nets name still makes zero sense in a baseball context

5 hours ago, BlueMoon18 said:

Probably the nets behind home plate?

I didn't even think of that TBH. I guess we could go with the Nets behind home plate. Unfortunately the only other name the team has gone by was the Americans and that does not fit their current motif at all. I also can't think of something baseball related that has the same ring as the Nets, but I'm open to suggestions

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

1 hour ago, johne9109 said:

I didn't even think of that TBH. I guess we could go with the Nets behind home plate. Unfortunately the only other name the team has gone by was the Americans and that does not fit their current motif at all. I also can't think of something baseball related that has the same ring as the Nets, but I'm open to suggestions

Vets probably considering the amount of veterans the Nets had previously/some baseball players did serve in the military...and it does rhyme with Jets and Mets.

• Like 2

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA X MLB Uniforms 4/30 Hornets Added
13 hours ago, johne9109 said:

Bats? Both the things you hit balls with, and given the team's black and white color scheme, the flying mammals also fit

• Like 2

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

11 hours ago, Bomba Tomba said:

Bats? Both the things you hit balls with, and given the team's black and white color scheme, the flying mammals also fit

I like that and it's short and sweet like Nets. I think I'll try that

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA X MLB Uniforms 5/30 Bulls Added

I've decided to also go back and do full sets of uniforms and will do so going forward. Because these are baseball uniforms each team will have a white and grey uniform, unless the grey really does not work, then 1-2 alternates that adapt the Icon and Statement uniforms, and lastly I will adapt one of the teams City edition uniforms. The MLB has kept their City Connect uniforms so I decided to look back an choose the City Edition that best embodies that teams location. Here are full sets or the Hawks and Celtics

ATLBB1

Home and away get the white and grey treatment. The first alt is the Hawks Icon uniform and then their black Statement uniform is their 2nd alt. For the City uniform I went with their 2022-23 uniform as it kept with the Peachtree/Peach State vibes with the colors and logo, but I really liked the Atlanta script they used. 

BOSBB1

Celtics also get the White home and Grey away and their Icon and Statement uniforms as alternates. If I was going for my favorite I would've used the Celtics 2019-20 City uniform, but I think their City edition from last year really embodies the team and their legacy with it's ode to Bill Russell. 

• Like 2

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA X MLB Uniforms 5/30 Bulls Added (Hawks and Celtics full sets added)

Brooklyn Bats (Nets)

Here is the full set for Brooklyn. They too get a grey away to go with the white home. I then decided to make their Icon uniform into an alternate and skip their Statement uniform as it felt very redundant having 2 black alternates that would end up looking very similar. For the City uniform I went with their 2019-20 City Edition.

BNBB1

• Like 1
  • Love 1

ZUH86xc.png