College Football by MJD7

MJD7

3 hours ago, lilleff512 said:

Hey there, your friendly neighborhood New York Knicks and New York Mets fan checking in here. Can I see how Syracuse would look with royal blue instead of navy blue?

I was hesitant at first, because I wasn't aware of Syracuse ever using royal blue, but apparently as late as the early 2000's the shade of blue they used was essentially a dark royal blue, so here's a look:

rHcyIOV.png eDgIEfK.png NrZG8sO.png

I wouldn't mind it, to tie in more with the other New York teams.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Nickishim2838 said:

Nailed the Details for VT 🤌, One thing that I think would make them look better is using the current font, but that's just me tho

Thanks! Yeah, I like their current real-life font a lot actually, I just think it looks a bit too similar to Virginia's, plus, like I mentioned in the post, the Pro Combat font jives really well with their logo.

On 9/30/2024 at 2:07 PM, Rygi13 said:

I like the differentiation between Illinois and Syracuse. I think either Syracuse should lean into a logoless orange helmet full time or Illinois should go back to the "Illinois" script full time.

Thanks, differentiating Illinois and Syracuse was definitely a priority. I had this idea for Syracuse after I posted them, which is based on their basketball uniforms:

ucD3IHD.png Z1yWzQb.png fHtBivz.png

I think Illinois' brief use of single-color numbers could actually work better for Syracuse.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

19 hours ago, Nickishim2838 said:

Home & Alternate sets look Great, Two Things that I think Would make the Away set Better is Making the Collar and Wings black and Then Adding a Yellow Outline to it, Including the Numbers

I actually like how the yellow wings look on the away, I think it's a big enough block of color to stand out from the white. Here's a look at your suggestion, though:

vgRNkL3.png

I wouldn't mind this, either.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Maryland Terrapins

As some of you may already know, based on my O's City Connect concept, I'm a sucker for the Maryland flag, as overplayed as it may be. So, I brought it back for the Terrapins but tried to keep it as restrained as possible.

ax14aaj.png 4ppvapE.png dyeuOAF.png

“Restrained” and it’s the most gaudy design possible.

I was excited to see what you’d come up with, but it’s honestly a bit disappointing.

I apologize for the harshness, but these could be done better.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Maryland Terrapins

As some of you may already know, based on my O's City Connect concept, I'm a sucker for the Maryland flag, as overplayed as it may be. So, I brought it back for the Terrapins but tried to keep it as restrained as possible.

ax14aaj.png 4ppvapE.png dyeuOAF.png

Assuming you’re a Maryland fan (since I believe you’re an O’s fan, as well), I feel like you have to admit that the Terps have had much, much gaudier uniforms in their actual past. 

It’s totally fine for you to not like my design, but saying so without offering any suggestions for what you would do differently (other than, I’m guessing, ditching the flag motif entirely) doesn’t really help me much.

Don't Mind the Flag design on the pants and shoulders, and the Black Alternate looks good, but one thing that has always irked me are the Flag helmets, Only because it over indulges on the Design to much, I think a more cohesive look would to add the Red and White "Terps script" Helmets. and If you could, I'd like too see what the The Flag Stripe on the pants would look like above the Shoulders sort of how UCLA does it

• Like 1