New Dallas Stars Alternate Concept...

ColeJ

I love em...that incorporates so many positives...don't let these negatives take away from those just cuz I'm getting specific...

The stiching while awesome, carries vertically (horizontally on the template) down the arm...that would be right in the middles of the sleeve...I don't think there should be stitching right there.

I think potentially you could add more white, but it may not be necessary, and don't force it.

Last thing, the style is similar to that of the Wild's alt, and the shoulder logo is also similar to the Wild's alt crest logo. The differences are noticable enough that normally it wouldn't be a real big deal, but um...Minnesota fans would probably not be too found of the STARS specifically ripping them off (intentional or not...real or not) in any way.

Still, I'm loving it.

I love em...that incorporates so many positives...don't let these negatives take away from those just cuz I'm getting specific...

The stiching while awesome, carries vertically (horizontally on the template) down the arm...that would be right in the middles of the sleeve...I don't think there should be stitching right there.

I think potentially you could add more white, but it may not be necessary, and don't force it.

Last thing, the style is similar to that of the Wild's alt, and the shoulder logo is also similar to the Wild's alt crest logo. The differences are noticable enough that normally it wouldn't be a real big deal, but um...Minnesota fans would probably not be too found of the STARS specifically ripping them off (intentional or not...real or not) in any way.

Still, I'm loving it.

i put the stitching down the middle of the arm on purpose... it just looks good in my mind, for some reason. i've seen a few jersey that were built like that, only obviously without contrast stitching... just a preference of mine.

and more white was something i definately thought of, but the idea behind my concept was pure simplicity, only with a twist... i didn't want to use much white, because too much contrast would take away from the simplicity, plus i wanted all colors to be seperated by the gold stitches... to me, white and gold tend to blend together when they touch, and that would have made my contrast stitching less contrasting...

and to be honest, i think some of the people on this forum remember the first concept in which i used my alternate round logo... it was before the wild unveiled their new thirds, and that pissed me off :) because even though i doubt they'd seen my design, i felt they stole my idea.... but hey, i figure using a rounded traditional-style logo for the shoulder is less of a ripoff of minnesota than the use of green/red/gold that the current stars alternates have. :) besides, the wild stole the uniform design from the red wings, and the logo from the 50's black hawks.

the second i saw the stars mooterus jersey, first words out of my mouth (besides "ewwww... yuck") were "great... first we stole their team, now we've stolen their color scheme." to be honest, it's my biggest complaint with the mooterus design.

but i appreciate all the positive comments, and i definately respect all the negative opinions... but i haven't found anything so far that has made me want to change my original design THIS time :)

Archived