Sun helmet design

Stampman

Yeah, it's another Madden post...

Anyway--in my 32 team CFL for the Okanagan Sun I've been using a version of the actual helmets used by the actual Okangan Sun--a junior team.

So I've been experimenting with a new helmet logo--based on a sunburst, and patterned after real sun photos.

I'm not sure how it looks on the helmet--in some ways I like it, but I think it's missing something--

The home jerseys are a dark orange, and the unis use the lighter orange of the helmet, and some red for trim.

Any comments/suggestions would be welcome & appreciated.

Thanks.

8c13882f.png

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Yeah, it's another Madden post...

Anyway--in my 32 team CFL for the Okanagan Sun I've been using a version of the actual helmets used by the actual Okangan Sun--a junior team.

So I've been experimenting with a new helmet logo--based on a sunburst, and patterned after real sun photos.

I'm not sure how it looks on the helmet--in some ways I like it, but I think it's missing something--

The home jerseys are a dark orange, and the unis use the lighter orange of the helmet, and some red for trim.

Any comments/suggestions would be welcome & appreciated.

Thanks.

8c13882f.png

Looks pretty good. I like the orange colors. Whenever I think of the Sun though I think of the California Sun of the old WFL.

SouthernCaliforniaSun.GIF

Not bad. It looks a little like a fried egg!

That's what's not quite right about it! It does have an egg look to it! I may have to sharpen the angles up a bit, but then that may destroy the sunburst look...

Hmm--anybody else?

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived