Tank Stumper 10/25/04

NJTank

Man, I used to know these. I think Gary Carter got one.

One of the things I always forget is that the Mets had already Tied the game when Mookie Wilson's ball went through Buckner's legs on a Wild Pitch. But he always is the goat, but he wasn't neccesarily responsible for the collapse. And, Mookie was fast, and Buckner was nearly on the grass, moving to his left. There is no guarantee that had he fielded that ball cleanly, it would have been an out.

Kinda like Bartman in Chicago I guess.

When you watch that play, am I the only one that it almost looks like that part of his glove disapears as the ball goes through. It looked like he was right on it and it just went though some hole or something. Weird...

1. Gary Carter Single

2. Kevin Mitchel Single

3. Ray Knight Single scores Carter

4. Mookie Wilson grounder.....well you all know the rest!

You forgot the Bob Stanley wild pitch (or Rich Gedman passed ball, depending on who you ask) that scored Mitchell. :D

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Man, I used to know these. I think Gary Carter got one.

One of the things I always forget is that the Mets had already Tied the game when Mookie Wilson's ball went through Buckner's legs on a Wild Pitch. But he always is the goat, but he wasn't neccesarily responsible for the collapse. And, Mookie was fast, and Buckner was nearly on the grass, moving to his left. There is no guarantee that had he fielded that ball cleanly, it would have been an out.

Kinda like Bartman in Chicago I guess.

When you watch that play, am I the only one that it almost looks like that part of his glove disapears as the ball goes through. It looked like he was right on it and it just went though some hole or something. Weird...

Exactly, Buckner shouldn't be the goat. I was watching something earlier this year with Carter, Fisk, Berra, and Bench and that play came up when talking to Gary Carter. Stanley on the ground didn't get off the mound and over the first base wuick enough. Because of that Buckner held up for a quick moment and that ball got through him. But Stanley with the wild pitch is what really blew the game for them.

Archived