Astros GM quits.

Shizznick

He had a year left on his contract.

Hunsicker steps down.

It will be interesting to see where he turns up in about a year.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

Hmm I smell Washington.

It's been unofficially announced that Jim Bowden will be in Washington. I didn't hear this until tonite on ESPNews though.

It says he'll remain as an advisor, but I'm sure he'll move to another GM position eventually.

I don't know how drastic Steinbrenner is gonna be this year, but maybe New York?

I think the reason Hunsicker stays on as an advisor is to get paid the remainder of his contract. After next season he will land somewhere. It's possible he's looking for a team that's willing to spend more than 80 million for talent.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

Archived