Irish becoming "Weis" Guys?

JamesCraven

Well after the Tyrone Willingham fiasco that the University of Notre Dame has gone through, the Fighting Irish will name alumni Charlie Weis, New England Patriots offensive coordinator, as their new head coach. Remember Chuck, keep your resume free of any improper entires like one Irish coach who had the job for about three days.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Probably not happening. Weis is still under contract with the Pats till the end of the season, and Bill Belichick is expecting Weis to be the OC till the end of the season.

Link: Weis expected to stay with Pats, Belichick says

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Actually, the mob reference is lost since most Mafia families are Italian.

Actually, that's not a mob reference. It's a reference to disgraced coach George O'Leary, who had the ND job for three days before they found out O'Leary fudged his resume.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Actually, CyclopsisJoe was quibbling with JamesCraven's title for this thread (Irish becoming "Weis" Guys?).

Still, the Mafia - which CyclopsisJoe invokes in his post - is just one example of an organized crime syndicate.

Actually, the history of organized crime is replete with Irish mobs (such as the "Westies" in New York), Jewish mobs (Meyer Lansky, Bugsy Seigel, et. al.), Russian mobs (the so-called "Mafiya")... the list goes on and on. So, JamesCraven's mob reference wasn't necessarily "lost".

It could have been worse, with the mob references on this thread, he coulda got...

owned.jpg

(Thanks for letting me lift it from another thread, CC!)

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Actually, the history of organized crime is replete with Irish mobs (such as the "Westies" in New York), Jewish mobs (Meyer Lansky, Bugsy Seigel, et. al.), Russian mobs (the so-called "Mafiya")... the list goes on and on.

FWIW, Winnipeg's organized crime histories are strife with Jewish and Greek gangs, with the Asians making huge strides in the last few years.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived