From the 'Burgh to The Farm

JamesCraven

Pittsburgh head coach Walt Harris has been named the new head coach at Stanford. He will coach the Panthers in the Tostitios Fiesta Bowl against Utah before assuming the new job.

*EDIT: It's fixed. And you are still on my ignore list.*

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Here's the rumored dealio on Harris heading for Stanford:

The University of Pittsburgh was not going to let Harris get an extention of his current contract, so he takes the Stanford job.

Harris is really a mixed bag of a coach... He shows flashes of brilliance, but his teams can be really inconsistent. Credit to him for staging a revival of Pitt's program, but I think this is for the best for both Harris and Pitt.

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

Love your little "Captain Charisma" profile message there, dwerty. I heard a rumor that LMUpepBANDER wants you to wear an embarassing outfit as Captain Charisma in the future when you post your next message. :lol:

j/k, my friend. Anyway, getting serious, I thought Frank Solich, instead of being hired at Ohio University, should have been hired at Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh head coach Walt Harris has been named the new head coach at Stanford. He will coach the Pathers in the Tostitios Fiesta Bowl against Utah before assuming the new job.

not sure what a Pather is, but is a Tostitio a combination of a Tostito and a Pistachio?

It looks like Dave Wannstedt is heading for a TV booth near you, as he has asked that his name be withdrawn from any consideration for the University of Pittsburgh job today (12/16/04).

It looks like Dave Wannstedt is heading for a TV booth near you, as he has asked that his name be withdrawn from any consideration for the University of Pittsburgh job today (12/16/04).

He's already in the TV booth. Earlier reports said he was working as an NFL analyst already.

And in one of the most stunning flip-flops since John Kerry, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports today (12/23) that Wannstedt will accept the head coaching job at The University of Pittsburgh. Guess that TV job wasn't as secure as we thought.

Archived