Canada wins World Junior Hockey Championship

Phil

Led by Dion Phaneuf, Jeff Carter, Mike Richards, Patrice Bergeron, and Sidney Crosby, Canada crushed Russia 6-1 to win the world juniors.

In other news, the Czech Republic beat the USA in the gold medal game in a 3-2 OT thriller.

Tournament all-stars were forwards Alexander Ovechkin from Russia (who suffered a shoulder injury in some point in the gold medal game), Bergeron, Carter, defensemen Phaneuf, Ryan Suter from the USA, and goalie Marek Schwarz of the Czech Rep. Bergeron was named the tournament MVP.

This was Canada's 7th straight medal, but their first gold in the tourney since they captured 5 straight in the mid-90s. Canada is now the reigning World Cup, men's and women's world champions, men's and women's Olympic champions, and men's world junior champion for hockey, an unprecedented dominance of the sport (and perhaps of any sport in a long, long time).

Edit: I almost forgot...

WOOHOOOOO!!! :flagcanada: (thanks Stampman)

...and in the spirit of the event...

GO JETS GO! GO JETS GO!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

:flagcanada:

(You forgot this smiley!)

YES!!!!

Yea Canada!

It is domination...

Now for the NHL to get back to work so we can see what Phaneuf can aginst the big boys!

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Well they deserved it the US team was missing its top players, of course ESPN was showing god knows what it sure would have been nice to tune it for a few mins to see it.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

WJC2004WEB.gif

In celebration of the win I made this little thing. Yes I know it sounds weird where it says "Selected #1 Drafted..." but its not supposed to be one sentence, but 2.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived