City Pride project

The_Admiral

You're right, I did go overboard with two color hats. Not really necessary for LA Angels or Milwaukee, come to think of it.

For Philadelphia, I wanted to keep the rule across the board, and I really like the Phillies font. It's not much worse than Los Angeles, San Francisco, Pittsburgh, or Cincinnati to fit.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The only ones I don't like are the Phillies and Cardinals away jerseys. On the Phils, unless you can fit the whole word "PHILADELPHIA" into a script wordmark and not scrunch it up too badly, it just looks forced. Same for the "St. Louis" script with the birds-on-the-bat, the "Cardinals" script has always worked better with it...

QPR%20Sig.png

Thanks for all the feedback thus far. It's interesting to see what people like, and don't like. Apparently, the only one people are in agreement on is the Baltimore uniform...hmm.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

TCR, I wasn't trying to say anyone is being redundant or not, I just don't think it is a must.

A lot of people think it makes sense that the city name be represented on the road jersey. I certainly have no problem with that; I'm just saying that the city is represented on the road uniform anyway, so it's not a must.

And PC, you might be right, but I think it's funny thought that they won't make the change to the road jersey for a while if they don't do it for the opening of their new HOME. Just seems weird, lol.

Another thought for the Cardinals. They at one time because of KMOX's feed, were essentially America's Team. Yes, a lot of the areas that rooted for the Cards now have teams, and TV has removed the KMOX factor, but there are still a ton of Cardinals fans all over the country.

The Angels and Orioles removed their city name to market to a wider area, but perhaps the Cardinals shouldn't put a city name on because they already have a wider area. Would it drive fans away? I sure don't think so, but perhaps just the team name is a little more representative of the fans, and the STL on the caps is enough for the city.

I dunno, I'm not dead set against the St. Louis, but as more and more people call for mandatory city names, I enjoy our uniqueness more and more.

What I ment was, a logical time for change is moving into a new ballpark, a new era. Much like the roll out of the current uniforms for the 100th anniversary in 1992. Just my thinking if they were going to change something (doubtful) they'd do it in 2006. Otherwise, they won't for awhile. Its just my thinking.

I think what St. Louis has now will pretty much remain for good. Which is fine by me. The only things I can ever see them changing is something like the road script to St. Louis, a new Sunday Cap, or possibly getting rid of the road caps. The only one that seems that could happen anytime soon is changing the sunday caps. They are great, and I think they look perfect, but that seems like the thing that could be changed without a uprising under the Arch.

Now personally, if they did a mix of the 30's uniforms with today's uniforms, I think it would look outstanding. I would not be against this in any way. :)

In my opinion, the jersey/pant part of their uniforms are perfect. In fact, their homes are altogether perfect.

What I could deal with would be putting red caps back on the road, though the blue is nice. The other change I could see, as you have mentioned, is the Sunday Caps. Either a modification or just getting rid of them.

Certainly, no changes are needed right now though.

Archived