You Guys are gonna love CS2

NewYawkSeahawk

Just got a quick copy of Photoshop CS2 till the full CS Suite arrives and you guys are gonna love it...

You can import VECTORS and resize as big or small as many times as you want and not have to worry bout pixelation...

A Smart Object is a container in which you can embed raster or vector image data, for instance, from another Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator file. The embedded data retains all its original characteristics and remains fully editable. You can create a Smart Object in Photoshop by converting one or more layers. In addition, you can paste or place the data in Photoshop from Illustrator. Smart Objects give you the flexibility to scale, rotate, and warp layers nondestructively in Photoshop.

Once a Smart Object stores source data inside a Photoshop document, you can then work on a composite of that data in the image. When you want to modify the document (for example, scale it), Photoshop re-renders the composite data based on the source data.

A Smart Object is really one file embedded in another. When you create one Smart Object from one or more selected layers, you are really creating a new (child) file that is embedded in the original (parent) document.

Smart Objects are useful because they allow you to do the following:

Perform nondestructive transforms. For instance, you can scale a layer as much as you want without losing original image data.

Preserve data that Photoshop doesn?t handle natively, such as complex vector artwork from Illustrator. Photoshop automatically transforms the file into something that it recognizes.

Edit one layer to update multiple instances of the Smart Object.

You can apply transforms (however, some options are unavailable; for example Perspective and Distort), layer styles, opacity, blend modes, and warps to Smart Objects. After you make a change, the layer is updated with the edited content.

ok...so is CS2 very different from CS?

I just got CS back in the fall...is there and upgrade, is it a newer version, or do I not even really have to worry about it?

CS2 is the next version of CS. Acrobat 7 has already been released. The rest of the suite is still in development.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

The Photoshop CS2 vector file handling looks to be similar to how Adobe has always done it in After Effects, based on the press info. I received my CS2 Suite upgrade package in the mail on monday, but I haven't installed it yet. I'd skipped CS1. Adobe looks to be committed to upgrading Photoshop and Illustrator at the same time on a regular schedule now, so we can plan our upgrades. It was about 18 months since CS1 came out, and CS3 will probably be roughly 18 months from now.

The Photoshop CS2 vector file handling looks to be similar to how Adobe has always done it in After Effects, based on the press info. I received my CS2 Suite upgrade package in the mail on monday, but I haven't installed it yet. I'd skipped CS1. Adobe looks to be committed to upgrading Photoshop and Illustrator at the same time on a regular schedule now, so we can plan our upgrades. It was about 18 months since CS1 came out, and CS3 will probably be roughly 18 months from now.

yep.... sounds about right...

I think if you are a design professional, it is best to get the upgrades... only to learn the new features and stay sharp in the field...

If your more of a recreationalist or hobbyist designer... I say save your money... alot of the new features in Photoshop are just quicker ways to do things you could do before with some skill.... Although their customizable menus are definitely a cool addition.

Archived