Concept: NYC Spidermen

Patriot54

I think I'm going to  :puke:  :puke:

wow thats some awesome c and c there. as awesome as meeting the business end of a razor bladed geisha.

Josh, not everyone has to like these designs and if they feel like giving their honest opinion then I think they should have the right to do so. This board has gotten too caught up in getting pissed off at people just because they express their true opinions about things. Now I understand there are boundries that shouldn't be crossed but I don't think that happened in this case. Stop policing what everyone says!

There are nice ways and mean ways to tell people how you feel -- do you honestly think Thunderstruk did so in a nice manner?

Perhaps he could've said..

"I'm not really a fan of this design"

or even better...

"I'm not really a fan of this design, perhaps try changing...", etc.

Are we so sensitive that we have to sugar coat everything we say so they can feel better about themselves & their designs? I know there's better ways Thunderstruk could have presented himself but Josh doesn't need to police his ass.

That's not sugarcoating--it's called constructive criticisms--if you don't like it--explain why not...

Lighten up guys, I wasn't offended by any criticism - the whole concept was just a joke to begin with and besides I slapped it together quickly and the art sucks. It was just meant to get a laugh.

you got me laughing but it actually isn't that bad of a concept. if you could use the good uni template and put some work into it it could be very nice. actually this gives me an idea for another contest. :D

I think I'm going to  :puke:  :puke:

wow thats some awesome c and c there. as awesome as meeting the business end of a razor bladed geisha.

Josh, not everyone has to like these designs and if they feel like giving their honest opinion then I think they should have the right to do so. This board has gotten too caught up in getting pissed off at people just because they express their true opinions about things. Now I understand there are boundries that shouldn't be crossed but I don't think that happened in this case. Stop policing what everyone says!

There are nice ways and mean ways to tell people how you feel -- do you honestly think Thunderstruk did so in a nice manner?

Perhaps he could've said..

"I'm not really a fan of this design"

or even better...

"I'm not really a fan of this design, perhaps try changing...", etc.

Are we so sensitive that we have to sugar coat everything we say so they can feel better about themselves & their designs? I know there's better ways Thunderstruk could have presented himself but Josh doesn't need to police his ass.

That's not sugarcoating--it's called constructive criticisms--if you don't like it--explain why not...

Lighten up guys, I wasn't offended by any criticism - the whole concept was just a joke to begin with and besides I slapped it together quickly and the art sucks. It was just meant to get a laugh.

you got me laughing but it actually isn't that bad of a concept. if you could use the good uni template and put some work into it it could be very nice. actually this gives me an idea for another contest. :D

Well we already had a Spidey football contest--some good stuff in it...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Well we already had a Spidey football contest--some good stuff in it...

not a spidey contest a comic book hero contest. you pick your favorite comic book hero and then make the unis based around them. like the Supermen, the BAtmen, etc...

Hey--just checking--an open superhero challenge or one in which hero and/or sport are defined--those both sound fun--I have some ideas I've posted as Madden teams--but could convert to regular templates, and ideas for other sports in my head...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived