Colorado Pioneers

nafsder2003

I made this logo for a player simulation league being run on OOTP6. The team is the Colorado Pioneers, so I tried to go with a western feel. Yes, I know the watermark is behind the image. It isn't meant to watermark it. Somebody else made two other logo concepts for the league, and that is the way they did it, so I did it too to make it look uniform. And yes, I know that techically, white doesn't need to be included as part of the color scheme. Oh well. Anyway, C&C welcome.

pioneers0kk.jpg

Love the pinwheel for a logo for a team named the Pioneers. Actually my logo is eerly similar to yours (see CL Utah)

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Love the pinwheel for a logo for a team named the Pioneers. Actually my logo is eerly similar to yours (see CL Utah)

Sorry about that. I can honestly say I haven't seen your full concept, and I hadn't noticed it was a wagon wheel on your sig cap until you posted this. I made the thing from scratch, but if you would like me to, I'll take the concept down. Sorry.

No, no please don't!

I know it wwas a coincedence, I think its a cool idea what you're doing.

Plus vicfurth put together my awesome concept, so it's not me who put the idea together.

Don't worry!

Anyways onto your concept.

I love the wheel, and I love the wordmakr. Im not sold on the colour cheme or the CP, which resembles the Rockies CR (I hate the rockies whole identity). I think the Primary is really just okay. The C over the wheel is hard to read, and Pioneers should be the point your emphasizing not Colorado/ Maybe have Colorado Pioneers spin around the wheel ala the old Tigers logo with the Tiger head in the circle.

Great work keep it up!

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

I like how your concept plays with elements of the Rockies identity; I assume the team manager is a Rockies fan and wanted his fantasy team to borrow from the Rockies. If so, good job. The only thing I'd change is I'd rather see the C and P from the primary and cap logos use the same font as your Pioneers script. It'll still have the general form of the Rockies logo, but it'll be a bit truer to your concept.

Love the wagon wheel and the colors.

20082614447.png

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm currently having some computer issues (hard drive crash) but once that is resolved, I have some plans of this. Changing the primary logo, maybe adding an alternate along the lines of a covered wagon, I agree with the problem with the C in the wheel. I might make it a larger P. And maybe I'll even make some Uniforms. I'll probably end up ditching the Rockies idea too in favor of two cap logos, one P and one C in the font I used for the wordmark.

Well, I lost the origional set with my harddrive, so I redid it on my secondary computer. It is pretty similar. I ditched the primary all together leaving just the wagon wheel. I also added in some uniforms...neither of which I'm very fond of. I like the vest style (I just think it looks more western), but I had trouble making the hats look nice (they still don't) and I can figure out if i like th pinstripes or not. I've also tried making an alternate covered wagon logo. If I ever make any substantial progress with that, i'll post it. Anyway, C&C appreciated.

pioneerssetcopy1tk.jpg

Archived